Feb 14, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Internacional and Caxias played a soccer game last night, although you’d barely know if from the conditions on the field. The match, won 2-0 by Inter, was played during a veritable downpour.
Leandro Damião scored, then slide through a huge puddle. We’ll never know how he convinced his teammates to join him on the journey.
A free kick turned into a three stooges routine.
And everybody went home happy. Except the Caxias fans. It’s one thing to get soaked. It’s another to get soaked and lose.
- CONCACAF Champions League: D.C. United battered by Alajualense, 5-2 0
- Keller, Hejduk, Conrad headline 13 new eligibles for National Soccer HOF 0
- Europa League roundup: Tottenham, Liverpool out; Everton, La Liga sides advance 0
- Besiktas 1-0 (1-1) Liverpool: Arslan makes, Lovren misses final PK as Reds go out of Europe 7
- Fiorentina ousts Tottenham from the Europa League with 2-0 win at the Stadio Artemio Franchi 1
- Strike season? Real Salt Lake owner calls free agency “go nowhere conversation” 7