Feb 14, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
TUCSON, Ariz. – I plan to visit the New England Revolution practice a little later this morning, where I can get an update on Chris Tierney, whose outstanding preseason is now in jeopardy due to Osvaldo Alonso’s bad tackle in Wednesday’s match in the desert.
Initial reports were of an ankle sprain, according to New England officials.
Either way, Revolution coach was not pleased. Not initially – when he marched down to check on his player and then refused the fourth official’s consoling gesture along the of the third official along the sideline – and not afterward. Commenting on the physical nature of Wednesday’s match to RevolutionSoccer.net, here’s what Heaps said.
One of the plays where Chris got hurt is not needed in any game, never mind preseason, professional soccer or Under-12. It’s just a bad play.”
He’s got a point. Alonso lunged with his cleats exposed as Tierney attempted to cross from the left side.
Here’s the interview with Heaps and Revolution players after last night’s contest:
- Premier League Playback: It’s time to change the Transfer Window rules 0
- Draxler, Pogba, Januzaj headline 10 deals to monitor as we near Transfer Deadline Day 1
- Manchester United to add new $56 million striker as Monaco’s Martial leaves France duty 1
- Done Deals: De Bruyne joins Manchester City in busy day for Wolfsburg 2
- USMNT releases 23-man roster for September friendlies 3
- Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United: Swans comeback stuns Red Devils 3