Feb 14, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
TUCSON, Ariz. – I plan to visit the New England Revolution practice a little later this morning, where I can get an update on Chris Tierney, whose outstanding preseason is now in jeopardy due to Osvaldo Alonso’s bad tackle in Wednesday’s match in the desert.
Initial reports were of an ankle sprain, according to New England officials.
Either way, Revolution coach was not pleased. Not initially – when he marched down to check on his player and then refused the fourth official’s consoling gesture along the of the third official along the sideline – and not afterward. Commenting on the physical nature of Wednesday’s match to RevolutionSoccer.net, here’s what Heaps said.
One of the plays where Chris got hurt is not needed in any game, never mind preseason, professional soccer or Under-12. It’s just a bad play.”
He’s got a point. Alonso lunged with his cleats exposed as Tierney attempted to cross from the left side.
Here’s the interview with Heaps and Revolution players after last night’s contest:
- Manchester United have two transfer deals provisionally in place – Cavani, Shaw, Fabregas all on radar 0
- Chelsea approves Jose Mourinho’s desire to play ‘B Squad’ against Liverpool 1
- David Moyes tipped by Roberto Martinez to make swift return to management 1
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 3
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 3