Feb 14, 2013, 11:34 AM EST
TUCSON, Ariz. – I plan to visit the New England Revolution practice a little later this morning, where I can get an update on Chris Tierney, whose outstanding preseason is now in jeopardy due to Osvaldo Alonso’s bad tackle in Wednesday’s match in the desert.
Initial reports were of an ankle sprain, according to New England officials.
Either way, Revolution coach was not pleased. Not initially – when he marched down to check on his player and then refused the fourth official’s consoling gesture along the of the third official along the sideline – and not afterward. Commenting on the physical nature of Wednesday’s match to RevolutionSoccer.net, here’s what Heaps said.
One of the plays where Chris got hurt is not needed in any game, never mind preseason, professional soccer or Under-12. It’s just a bad play.”
He’s got a point. Alonso lunged with his cleats exposed as Tierney attempted to cross from the left side.
Here’s the interview with Heaps and Revolution players after last night’s contest:
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0