Have a look at Major League Soccer clubs’ cool new posters

Feb 15, 2013, 9:36 AM EDT

MLS poster

It’s always dangerous to proclaim something as “cool.” Because implied in the statement is that you understand “cool,” and that you are qualified as an arbiter of what does and doesn’t qualify.

All that said …

How cool is this?

Major League Soccer is preparing for Jersey Week, where 12 league clubs will unveil their new jersey. That begins Feb. 25, a week before Major League Soccer’s first kick for 2013.

Related to the unveiling and all things “art and soccer,” the league recently partnered with the Futbol Artist Network (FAN), an international soccer-art collective. League officials asked FAN to create a series of club-inspired posters as part of the #TrueColors project.

So FAN artists used clubs’ colors, marks, and jersey as inspiration for the posters.

My favorite poster is above. You team’s poster can be found here. Enjoy.

1. thetomi - Feb 15, 2013 at 9:54 AM

What do you do if your team’s poster is lame?

• Steve Davis - Feb 15, 2013 at 10:34 AM

That made me giggle. … (And wonder which team you support?)

• thetomi - Mar 22, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Really late reply but DC United’s poster didn’t really pop.

In other news, did you know the site lets you know when someone replies to your post?

• thetomi - Mar 22, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Wow apparently you’ve replied to pretty much everything I’ve ever posted here. Now that’s almost as funny as the day I accidentally talked to Bruce Arena and didn’t know it.

2. valiantdraws - Feb 15, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Can someone explain why Toronto felt that it is ok to release a poster that was done in MS Paint? By a 6th grader?

Jesus, some of those posters are the worst. The Dynamo poster is the winner, in my opinion, which pains my Timbers-supporting self. I also dig the Union poster.

3. tylerbetts - Feb 15, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Sigh of relief when I went through these yesterday. My beloved Crew have a good poster in this batch. Not the best, but good enough that I can say “I dig it”.

LOVE the Portland one, LOVE the SKC one, LOVE the Union one, and LOVE the DC United One. Pretty high on the Fire one, too, as well as Houston, Vancouver, and Seattle.

I’d be ashamed of these if I were a fan of RBNY, LA Galaxy, Chivas USA, Toronto, or Montreal. Of course, I’d be ashamed of a lot of things if I were a fan of Chivas USA.

4. mkbryant3 - Feb 15, 2013 at 11:36 AM

When is Chivas going to trade away the USA for EEUU?

5. djrrockthepitch - Feb 15, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Enough with the apple! its an awful nickname/reference to begin with, yet it gets constantly used.

6. tylerbetts - Feb 15, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Also, highly entertained that the Colorado poster literally says “CRAP” on the first two lines.

7. dws110 - Feb 15, 2013 at 3:11 PM

The amazing: Philadelphia, Houston (my favorite), RSL, Dallas, and it kills me, but Portland as well

The abysmal: Chicago, Montreal, Toronto

The rest are mostly ok. Except for the worst of the worst, Colorado. As soon as I saw it I thought, “CRAPIDS!” Now I can’t look at it any other way, and that just cracks me up.

8. creek0512 - Feb 16, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Unless you’re in high school or a hipster, who cares if other people agree with what you think is cool.

Having said that, these posters are pretty cool, even if some of them suck.

I guess this is the engineer in me, but I was gonna go ahead and order one and didn’t because I’m complete confused about what the sizes are because they don’t list any units.

PST Extra: Can United beat Chelsea?