Feb 15, 2013, 9:36 AM EST
It’s always dangerous to proclaim something as “cool.” Because implied in the statement is that you understand “cool,” and that you are qualified as an arbiter of what does and doesn’t qualify.
All that said …
How cool is this?
Major League Soccer is preparing for Jersey Week, where 12 league clubs will unveil their new jersey. That begins Feb. 25, a week before Major League Soccer’s first kick for 2013.
Related to the unveiling and all things “art and soccer,” the league recently partnered with the Futbol Artist Network (FAN), an international soccer-art collective. League officials asked FAN to create a series of club-inspired posters as part of the #TrueColors project.
So FAN artists used clubs’ colors, marks, and jersey as inspiration for the posters.
My favorite poster is above. You team’s poster can be found here. Enjoy.
- MLS Cup preview: Real Salt Lake meets Sporting Kansas City to decide Major League Soccer’s 18th championship 1
- USA’s World Cup opponents: What to expect from Germany, Portugal and Ghana 6
- World Cup 2014: Group analysis from Soccerly.com 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues 15
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (36)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (21)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (15)