Feb 15, 2013, 9:36 AM EDT
It’s always dangerous to proclaim something as “cool.” Because implied in the statement is that you understand “cool,” and that you are qualified as an arbiter of what does and doesn’t qualify.
All that said …
How cool is this?
Major League Soccer is preparing for Jersey Week, where 12 league clubs will unveil their new jersey. That begins Feb. 25, a week before Major League Soccer’s first kick for 2013.
Related to the unveiling and all things “art and soccer,” the league recently partnered with the Futbol Artist Network (FAN), an international soccer-art collective. League officials asked FAN to create a series of club-inspired posters as part of the #TrueColors project.
So FAN artists used clubs’ colors, marks, and jersey as inspiration for the posters.
My favorite poster is above. You team’s poster can be found here. Enjoy.
- Toronto FC fire Ryan Nelsen thanks to disappointing position and disparaging comments 1
- Leicester City 1-1 Arsenal: Home side holds strong for draw 2
- Done deal: Chelsea sign Loic Remy from QPR 0
- Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool: Familiar scenes as Reds storm Spurs in London 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0
- Revolution feeling a Jermaine Jones boost after unloading on Toronto 0