Feb 15, 2013, 9:36 AM EDT
It’s always dangerous to proclaim something as “cool.” Because implied in the statement is that you understand “cool,” and that you are qualified as an arbiter of what does and doesn’t qualify.
All that said …
How cool is this?
Major League Soccer is preparing for Jersey Week, where 12 league clubs will unveil their new jersey. That begins Feb. 25, a week before Major League Soccer’s first kick for 2013.
Related to the unveiling and all things “art and soccer,” the league recently partnered with the Futbol Artist Network (FAN), an international soccer-art collective. League officials asked FAN to create a series of club-inspired posters as part of the #TrueColors project.
So FAN artists used clubs’ colors, marks, and jersey as inspiration for the posters.
My favorite poster is above. You team’s poster can be found here. Enjoy.
- Official: Andrea Pirlo announces his arrival at New York City FC (video) 9
- GLORY IN PHOTOS: Our favorite shots from the USWNT’s winning evening in Vancouver 1
- CONCACAF lays out reform plan post-scandal: “People are right to be skeptical” 1
- Carli Lloyd proves she’s the Women’s World Cup hero she always knew she would be 1
- Mission accomplished: Abby Wambach gets her World Cup title 1
- United States wins third Women’s World Cup title, beats Japan on record-smashing day 26