Feb 17, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
It will surely be impossible to know what’s in Robbie Rogers’ future following Friday’s epochal day in the young man’s life.
Journalists have reached out to the speedy winger, who now seems to be in retirement or something just short of it. He isn’t ready to begin speaking further, past what he told the world already.
But Rogers, still in the United Kingdom, where he was recently released form his contract at Leeds, has been forthcoming with at least a few updates. We know that Rogers has added distance running to his recent portfolio, having run the Brighton Half Marathon this morning.
Brighton (pictured) is a beach down just south of London.
Rogers finished the 13.1-mile dash in 1:30:16, 291st out of more than 7500 racers. Not bad at all, eh?
We also know that Rogers, living in London, has done some work recently with Men’s Health, for the magazine’s UK edition. That seems like a good fit considering his interest in exercise (the half-marathon and soccer) and in fashion. Plus, as we saw from the blog post that rocked national soccer on Friday, the man can write a little bit.
Rogers has always been involved in fashion; he’s a partner in a clothing line known as Halsey.
- Player Ratings: Some good, some not so good in Chile’s 3-2 win over the U.S. 7
- Chile 3-2 USMNT: Another lead disintegrates for Klinsmann’s crew 1
- Sheffield United 2-2 Tottenham: Eriksen sees Spurs to All-London final in absolute thriller 2
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Lots will be drawn to determine second place in Group D 0
- Queens Park Rangers’ Canadian winger Junior Hoilett on Toronto FC, relegation battles and more 0
- English FA charge Chelsea’s Diego Costa with violent conduct after stamp, may miss Man City match 1