Feb 17, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
It will surely be impossible to know what’s in Robbie Rogers’ future following Friday’s epochal day in the young man’s life.
Journalists have reached out to the speedy winger, who now seems to be in retirement or something just short of it. He isn’t ready to begin speaking further, past what he told the world already.
But Rogers, still in the United Kingdom, where he was recently released form his contract at Leeds, has been forthcoming with at least a few updates. We know that Rogers has added distance running to his recent portfolio, having run the Brighton Half Marathon this morning.
Brighton (pictured) is a beach down just south of London.
Rogers finished the 13.1-mile dash in 1:30:16, 291st out of more than 7500 racers. Not bad at all, eh?
We also know that Rogers, living in London, has done some work recently with Men’s Health, for the magazine’s UK edition. That seems like a good fit considering his interest in exercise (the half-marathon and soccer) and in fashion. Plus, as we saw from the blog post that rocked national soccer on Friday, the man can write a little bit.
Rogers has always been involved in fashion; he’s a partner in a clothing line known as Halsey.
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (22)
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (20)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- World Cup Draw: United States in Pot Three (11)