Feb 18, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
Let’s face it: you cannot stop the Harlem Shakes tsunami that has washed over our domestic Internet world; you can only hope to contain it.
Frankly, I’m surprised more MLS teams have not release their own version.
I keep watching these as they spill out of MLS clubs, probably for the same reason you watch a televised high speed highway chase, or the same reason I watch 10 minutes of Shawshank Redemption every darn time I catch a glimpse of it: because I’m strangely powerless to resist.
So let me do a little of the work for you.
You have to appreciate the Seattle Sounders for actually getting their players into the highly unstable act. (As opposed to some others, who used office staff – although the Houston Dynamo use of team dancers certainly has merit.)
Domestic soccer’s best version probably came from the clevers at KickTV. Heck the DueceFace waving in the background would probably be enough to claim ProSoccerTalk’s unofficial award for best.
(Watch it quickly. The shelf life on this Harlem Shakes thing has got to be nearing its sell-by date.)
- 2015 Gold Cup – Group A preview: USMNT favorites over Honduras, Panama, Haiti 0
- Clint Dempsey replaced by Michael Bradley as USMNT captain for Gold Cup 5
- Despite devastating World Cup exit, England’s women inspired a nation 7
- US ask Switzerland to extradite seven FIFA officials 0
- The world wants Laura Bassett to know that her own goal is nothing to be ashamed of… 10
- Minnesota United misses MLS stadium deadline; Deputy commissioner speaks out 3