Feb 18, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
Let’s face it: you cannot stop the Harlem Shakes tsunami that has washed over our domestic Internet world; you can only hope to contain it.
Frankly, I’m surprised more MLS teams have not release their own version.
I keep watching these as they spill out of MLS clubs, probably for the same reason you watch a televised high speed highway chase, or the same reason I watch 10 minutes of Shawshank Redemption every darn time I catch a glimpse of it: because I’m strangely powerless to resist.
So let me do a little of the work for you.
You have to appreciate the Seattle Sounders for actually getting their players into the highly unstable act. (As opposed to some others, who used office staff – although the Houston Dynamo use of team dancers certainly has merit.)
Domestic soccer’s best version probably came from the clevers at KickTV. Heck the DueceFace waving in the background would probably be enough to claim ProSoccerTalk’s unofficial award for best.
(Watch it quickly. The shelf life on this Harlem Shakes thing has got to be nearing its sell-by date.)
- New York City FC to announce “major signing” on Thursday… Frank Lampard? 0
- PHOTOS: What if your college was a professional soccer team? They could look like this 5
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 1
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 3
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 3
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 4