Feb 19, 2013, 1:41 PM EST
I have to say, I’m still a little confused: Is the United States women’s national team still on a victory tour from 2012? Or is this pre-victory tour for the next USWNT meaningful international event?
Either way, the United States will keep warming up or continue to cool down or whatever June 2 against Canada in Toronto. U.S. Soccer announced the contest today, set for BMO Field in Toronto.
These teams are quite familiar, having met 52 times, with all but six of those over the last 20 years. (So the teams have met an average of more than twice a year during that window.)
On the other hand, these nations have not met in women’s soccer since that outrageously dramatic and entertaining Olympic semifinal; the United Sates came from behind three times before Alex Morgan’s game-winner in the 123rd minute supplied a 4-3 win, propelling the United States to an Olympic final (and a gold medal).
- UEFA Champions League recap: Barça, Chelsea, Dortmund claim groups; Arsenal through; Juve out 0
- Demba Ba’s goal enough to give Chelsea 1-0 Champions League win, first place in Group E 0
- Neymar’s first three Champions League goals see Barcelona to 6-1 win, top of Group H 0
- Arsenal advance in Champions League, but Napoli out despite win 0
- Venue Guide: Check out where the USA will play at 2014 World Cup in Brazil 5
- Premier League Power Rankings: Everton flying, Manchester United nosedive – Week 14-15 1
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- MLS commissioner Don Garber to ESPN: “no chance” Chivas USA to be contracted or moved (14)
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"