Feb 19, 2013, 1:41 PM EST
I have to say, I’m still a little confused: Is the United States women’s national team still on a victory tour from 2012? Or is this pre-victory tour for the next USWNT meaningful international event?
Either way, the United States will keep warming up or continue to cool down or whatever June 2 against Canada in Toronto. U.S. Soccer announced the contest today, set for BMO Field in Toronto.
These teams are quite familiar, having met 52 times, with all but six of those over the last 20 years. (So the teams have met an average of more than twice a year during that window.)
On the other hand, these nations have not met in women’s soccer since that outrageously dramatic and entertaining Olympic semifinal; the United Sates came from behind three times before Alex Morgan’s game-winner in the 123rd minute supplied a 4-3 win, propelling the United States to an Olympic final (and a gold medal).
- Arsenal 5-0 Aston Villa: Gunners torch hapless Villa with deadly counters 0
- Diego Costa maintains his innocence, says “I’ve not done anything wrong” 4
- DONE DEAL: Seydou Doumbia to Roma headlines quiet Saturday for transfers 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Top-half teams jockey for position 0
- Premier League roundup: Big wins for Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and more 0
- Three things we learned from Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0