Feb 19, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
I have to say, I’m still a little confused: Is the United States women’s national team still on a victory tour from 2012? Or is this pre-victory tour for the next USWNT meaningful international event?
Either way, the United States will keep warming up or continue to cool down or whatever June 2 against Canada in Toronto. U.S. Soccer announced the contest today, set for BMO Field in Toronto.
These teams are quite familiar, having met 52 times, with all but six of those over the last 20 years. (So the teams have met an average of more than twice a year during that window.)
On the other hand, these nations have not met in women’s soccer since that outrageously dramatic and entertaining Olympic semifinal; the United Sates came from behind three times before Alex Morgan’s game-winner in the 123rd minute supplied a 4-3 win, propelling the United States to an Olympic final (and a gold medal).
- USMNT vs Switzerland preview: Last time they met, Michael Bradley scored the winner with a full head of hair 0
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 4 0
- NWSL mega deal sends Sydney Leroux Dwyer to WNY for rights to Abby Wambach 1
- Prolific U.S. U-17 striker chooses club home in NASL 2
- How will the USMNT line up against Switzerland? 3
- British exec says England could look towards 2030 World Cup bid 1