Feb 20, 2013, 11:16 AM EST
Nobody seriously thought a World Cup qualifier in Denver would not sell out, right?
There did seem to be some concern about a United States contest at DSG Park outside of Denver. Some might have been typical, envious grousing; there aren’t enough World Cup qualifiers to go around now, considering all the worthy soccer-specific facilities equipped to handle the high-profile matches.
Some of us tried to tell everyone just to relax,not to get their darn soccer shorts in a twist, that the March 22 match against Costa Rica would sell out, no problem.
Sure enough, weeks ahead of the match, every seat inside Dicks Sporting Goods Park has been sold. So says U.S. Soccer in a release.
By the way, this is not exactly a “must-win.” But considering the less-than-ideal result two weeks ago in Honduras, and considering the pressure that would build to weapons-grade level, it’s not far from being one.
- Swansea’s Bafetimbi Gomis stretchered off the pitch after appearing to collapse 0
- Watch Live: West Ham United vs. Chelsea (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Watch Live: Newcastle United vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League live online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 28 0
- 2015 MLS season preview: FC Dallas 0
- The Western Conference will continue to dominate MLS, and we all know it 0