Feb 25, 2013, 9:58 AM EST
If you don’t know that first kick in MLS is just five days away, then you have not been spending enough time with ProSoccerTalk. Please get that sorted out quickly.
Now, in the event that awareness is not the issue, but you just haven’t revved up the ol’ motor of enthusiasm, perhaps this will help. It’s NBC Sports Network’s promo ad for the upcoming 18th season.
I like it. It’s edgy. My pal Arlo White, NBC’s lead soccer voice and a fellow who paints the pictures in wonderful context as well as anybody you’ll ever know, seems excited about it. We know because he said so on Twitter.
But if I’m being totally honest, I liked out network’s playoff promo from just a few short months ago. This one really gets my keys to jingling.
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City 3
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Gunners book FA Cup semifinal spot 0
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes
- Players to Watch: Montreal Impact
- Ireland's Premier Division Season Kicks off
- Away-Goal Rule is the Novelty for this Year's MLS Playoffs
- Barrett Nails Last Minute Goal for Seattle 1-0 Victory
- Three Things: Chelsea 4-0 Spurs
- FIFA Fines Argentine Clubs for Fake Transfers
- Sunderland Boss Poyet Challenges Altidore to Prove Him Wrong
- 3 Hopes and One Fear for Montreal Impact