Feb 27, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
The “firsts” are coming a little more often now for Stuart Holden on his long, long road to recovery.
That was probably the most significant of the “firsts,” as it was his first competitive match minutes in more than a year. Remember, the genesis of Holden’s injury struggles was from March 19, 2011, when Manchester United’s Jonny Evans mangled the U.S. international’s right knee in a nasty challenge.
Holden played his first league contest almost two years Tuesday, entering as a first-half sub in Bolton’s 1-0 win over Peterborough in England’s second tier.
- Klinsmann confirms Brad Guzan will start Confederations Cup playoff in goal 1
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0