Feb 27, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
The “firsts” are coming a little more often now for Stuart Holden on his long, long road to recovery.
That was probably the most significant of the “firsts,” as it was his first competitive match minutes in more than a year. Remember, the genesis of Holden’s injury struggles was from March 19, 2011, when Manchester United’s Jonny Evans mangled the U.S. international’s right knee in a nasty challenge.
Holden played his first league contest almost two years Tuesday, entering as a first-half sub in Bolton’s 1-0 win over Peterborough in England’s second tier.
- What will Jurgen Klinsmann’s USMNT roster look like for 2015 Gold Cup? 2
- April Fools! The top gags that actually fooled soccer fans on this day 5
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Player of the Season 0
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Coach of the Season 0
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Team of the Season 3
- Who were biggest winners, losers from USMNT’s March friendlies? 5