Feb 27, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
The “firsts” are coming a little more often now for Stuart Holden on his long, long road to recovery.
That was probably the most significant of the “firsts,” as it was his first competitive match minutes in more than a year. Remember, the genesis of Holden’s injury struggles was from March 19, 2011, when Manchester United’s Jonny Evans mangled the U.S. international’s right knee in a nasty challenge.
Holden played his first league contest almost two years Tuesday, entering as a first-half sub in Bolton’s 1-0 win over Peterborough in England’s second tier.
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Lambert to West Brom, Balotelli back to Italy 3
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester United 6
- MLS All Stars 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Kaka powers MLS to win 6
- Men in Blazers podcast: Chelsea’s John Terry joins Rog and Davo 0
- Swiss star Barnetta moves to MLS; Orlando City signs a pair of Europeans 4
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester City 1