Feb 27, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
The “firsts” are coming a little more often now for Stuart Holden on his long, long road to recovery.
That was probably the most significant of the “firsts,” as it was his first competitive match minutes in more than a year. Remember, the genesis of Holden’s injury struggles was from March 19, 2011, when Manchester United’s Jonny Evans mangled the U.S. international’s right knee in a nasty challenge.
Holden played his first league contest almost two years Tuesday, entering as a first-half sub in Bolton’s 1-0 win over Peterborough in England’s second tier.
- Toronto FC fire Ryan Nelsen thanks to disappointing position and disparaging comments 1
- Leicester City 1-1 Arsenal: Home side holds strong for draw 2
- Done deal: Chelsea sign Loic Remy from QPR 0
- Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool: Familiar scenes as Reds storm Spurs in London 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0
- Revolution feeling a Jermaine Jones boost after unloading on Toronto 0