Mar 2, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
FC Dallas will need more work on the team shape, especially as it relates to David Ferreira, the former league MVP. His new positioning along the left side served only to take away the playmaker’s opportunities on the ball.
The team’s defensive midfielders (Andrew Jacobson and Je-Vaughn Watson) will need to be better distributors. And outside back Michel will need to find better passing accuracy, otherwise Ferreira’s ability to impact the game will be marginalized.
Then again, it won’t matter if teams are allowing goals like this one, the game’s only goal in FC Dallas’ 1-0 win over Colorado.
Colorado backup goalkeeper Steward Ceus was in goal due to an injury concern to starter Matt Pickens.
Ceus got a little anxious about chasing one ball out near the top of the 18-yard box. When he realized where he was, he had to draw his hands back in – otherwise his team would have been playing a man down for more than a half.
From there … well, just watch. They usually call these a “howler.”
- Official: Neymar to join Barcelona 0
- Bayern Munich – Borussia Dortmund: The tactics and the game’s shifting momentum 0
- Bayern Munich 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Robben the hero, Bayern crowned Champions League winners 4
- Two last points on the Robbie Rogers trade news 1
- Champions League final preview: A bitter rivalry with much higher stakes 0
- It’s official: Manchester City and the Yankees will own and operate Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. (35)
- Which US cities are next for MLS expansion? (25)
- Why MLS was so focused on New York as the 20th market (18)
- Notes from today’s big announcement on MLS, NYCFC the Yankees and the rest (14)
- USA Today reports LA Galaxy trade Mike Magee for rights to Robbie Rogers (14)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?