Mar 2, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
FC Dallas will need more work on the team shape, especially as it relates to David Ferreira, the former league MVP. His new positioning along the left side served only to take away the playmaker’s opportunities on the ball.
The team’s defensive midfielders (Andrew Jacobson and Je-Vaughn Watson) will need to be better distributors. And outside back Michel will need to find better passing accuracy, otherwise Ferreira’s ability to impact the game will be marginalized.
Then again, it won’t matter if teams are allowing goals like this one, the game’s only goal in FC Dallas’ 1-0 win over Colorado.
Colorado backup goalkeeper Steward Ceus was in goal due to an injury concern to starter Matt Pickens.
Ceus got a little anxious about chasing one ball out near the top of the 18-yard box. When he realized where he was, he had to draw his hands back in – otherwise his team would have been playing a man down for more than a half.
From there … well, just watch. They usually call these a “howler.”
- Reports: Arsenal to fork over $26 mil for Manchester United’s Welbeck 3
- Done Deal: Daley Blind is officially a member of Manchester United 1
- Stoke want to keep USA’s Geoff Cameron, Southampton in the hunt 0
- Tottenham Hotspur offer $26 million plus Andros Townsend for Jay Rodriguez 2
- Julian Green completes loan move to Hamburg 0
- Premier League Playback – Deadline Day madness, Chelsea’s ‘killers,’ Liverpool’s fluid-three 2