Mar 2, 2013, 11:02 PM EDT
FC Dallas will need more work on the team shape, especially as it relates to David Ferreira, the former league MVP. His new positioning along the left side served only to take away the playmaker’s opportunities on the ball.
The team’s defensive midfielders (Andrew Jacobson and Je-Vaughn Watson) will need to be better distributors. And outside back Michel will need to find better passing accuracy, otherwise Ferreira’s ability to impact the game will be marginalized.
Then again, it won’t matter if teams are allowing goals like this one, the game’s only goal in FC Dallas’ 1-0 win over Colorado.
Colorado backup goalkeeper Steward Ceus was in goal due to an injury concern to starter Matt Pickens.
Ceus got a little anxious about chasing one ball out near the top of the 18-yard box. When he realized where he was, he had to draw his hands back in – otherwise his team would have been playing a man down for more than a half.
From there … well, just watch. They usually call these a “howler.”
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 2
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4
- Three things we learned from the USA’s late defeat vs. Denmark 6