Mar 3, 2013, 12:14 AM EDT
Think D.C. United has had about enough of BBVA Compass Stadium?
Ben Olsen’s team was the very first visitor once Houston broke the seal on its very orange downtown ground last May. Win, Houston.
Olsen and United came back to Houston in July. Lucky them. They lost, 4-0.
Wouldn’t you know it, United got to begin the 2012 playoffs in Houston. The Dynamo delivered again.
And who does the schedule maker select to open Houston’s 2013 season. Yup.
The result was fairly predictable, although D.C. United did not make it easy. In fact, United seemed to grab hold of Saturday’s contest for a 10-15 minute stretch of the second half.
But give Houston enough corner kicks and it’s just a matter of time. Ricardo Clark created enough havoc near one of Brad Davis’ deliveries to concoct the initial goal. Clark roofed one from close range soon after, and that was that in the Dynamo’s season opening win.
- How should USWNT line up against Germany in World Cup semifinal? 0
- Pogba to Barcelona for $90 million? Reports in Italy say deal discussed 3
- Report: Manchester United make $45 million bid for Sergio Ramos 5
- Foot injury forces DF Hector Moreno to withdraw from Mexico’s 2015 Gold Cup squad 0
- Chile 2-1 Peru: Vargas’ wondergoal puts the hosts through to Copa America final (video) 0
- Men in Blazers podcast special: USWNT’s Klingenberg talks defense, Germany, karate 1