Mar 3, 2013, 12:14 AM EST
Think D.C. United has had about enough of BBVA Compass Stadium?
Ben Olsen’s team was the very first visitor once Houston broke the seal on its very orange downtown ground last May. Win, Houston.
Olsen and United came back to Houston in July. Lucky them. They lost, 4-0.
Wouldn’t you know it, United got to begin the 2012 playoffs in Houston. The Dynamo delivered again.
And who does the schedule maker select to open Houston’s 2013 season. Yup.
The result was fairly predictable, although D.C. United did not make it easy. In fact, United seemed to grab hold of Saturday’s contest for a 10-15 minute stretch of the second half.
But give Houston enough corner kicks and it’s just a matter of time. Ricardo Clark created enough havoc near one of Brad Davis’ deliveries to concoct the initial goal. Clark roofed one from close range soon after, and that was that in the Dynamo’s season opening win.
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3