Mar 3, 2013, 12:14 AM EST
Think D.C. United has had about enough of BBVA Compass Stadium?
Ben Olsen’s team was the very first visitor once Houston broke the seal on its very orange downtown ground last May. Win, Houston.
Olsen and United came back to Houston in July. Lucky them. They lost, 4-0.
Wouldn’t you know it, United got to begin the 2012 playoffs in Houston. The Dynamo delivered again.
And who does the schedule maker select to open Houston’s 2013 season. Yup.
The result was fairly predictable, although D.C. United did not make it easy. In fact, United seemed to grab hold of Saturday’s contest for a 10-15 minute stretch of the second half.
But give Houston enough corner kicks and it’s just a matter of time. Ricardo Clark created enough havoc near one of Brad Davis’ deliveries to concoct the initial goal. Clark roofed one from close range soon after, and that was that in the Dynamo’s season opening win.
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 16 1
- Manchester United’s Robin van Persie faces lengthy spell out 0
- Behind the Brazuca: NBC’s extensive research hints less “knuckle-ball” in Brazil, NASA agrees 3
- What could Chad Marshall bring to the Seattle Sounder defense? We’ll find out in 2014 3
- NWSL: Houston becomes second MLS franchise to place team in women’s professional league 3
- MLS Re-Entry Draft: As predicted, Portland find a way to get Steve Zakuani 5
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- U.S. national team discussion: The Alejandro Bedoya conundrum (16)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- Giovani: "We Were Over Criticized"
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- You Can't Beat German Sachlichkeit
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy
- Group B: No Walk In The Park