Mar 3, 2013, 12:14 AM EDT
Think D.C. United has had about enough of BBVA Compass Stadium?
Ben Olsen’s team was the very first visitor once Houston broke the seal on its very orange downtown ground last May. Win, Houston.
Olsen and United came back to Houston in July. Lucky them. They lost, 4-0.
Wouldn’t you know it, United got to begin the 2012 playoffs in Houston. The Dynamo delivered again.
And who does the schedule maker select to open Houston’s 2013 season. Yup.
The result was fairly predictable, although D.C. United did not make it easy. In fact, United seemed to grab hold of Saturday’s contest for a 10-15 minute stretch of the second half.
But give Houston enough corner kicks and it’s just a matter of time. Ricardo Clark created enough havoc near one of Brad Davis’ deliveries to concoct the initial goal. Clark roofed one from close range soon after, and that was that in the Dynamo’s season opening win.
- Report: AZ Alkmaar speaking with Werder Bremen about Aron Johannsson 0
- Premier League Goalkeeper preview: Who’s in our Top Five, and who switched clubs? 4
- Best starting lineups for all 20 Premier League teams – Do you agree? 8
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview: “Doesn’t give a ****” about FIFA 6
- VIDEO: Watch Arsene Wenger snub Jose Mourinho handshake. Who is in the wrong? 4
- Cristiano Ronaldo buys his agent a Greek island… as a wedding gift 1