Mar 4, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Consider for a second that Mike Magee, a valuable role man around the LA Galaxy’s two-year championship run, had five goals during the 2012 regular season. Not a bit bad for a versatile guy who splits his time between midfield and forward, and who knows his part around an LA Galaxy team with bigger stars, a man never afraid to do the two-way toil.
Now consider that he came awfully close to matching that 2012 total in one afternoon!
It should come as little surprise, Magee is our ProSoccerTalk Player of the Week for MLS Round 1. Portland’s Diego Valeri did make a late push, but still …
Magee’s rather unassuming response to the massive day, including his goals and the team’s 4-0 clubbing of visiting Chicago:
“It was cool. The hat trick was cool. Getting the win was cool. And getting the rings was the coolest part of the day.”
The Galaxy players and staff were presented with their championship rings before kickoff Sunday. Apparently, it’s not getting old.
Here’s Magee’s full post-game interview from the Home Depot Center, or the StubHub Center, or the Victoria Street grounds … whatever you’d like to call it these days:
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- WATCH: Stoke City fans erupt into “Delilah” chant during win over Arsenal 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Tottenham 1
- WATCH: PST Extra – Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 3
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire