Mar 4, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Consider for a second that Mike Magee, a valuable role man around the LA Galaxy’s two-year championship run, had five goals during the 2012 regular season. Not a bit bad for a versatile guy who splits his time between midfield and forward, and who knows his part around an LA Galaxy team with bigger stars, a man never afraid to do the two-way toil.
Now consider that he came awfully close to matching that 2012 total in one afternoon!
It should come as little surprise, Magee is our ProSoccerTalk Player of the Week for MLS Round 1. Portland’s Diego Valeri did make a late push, but still …
Magee’s rather unassuming response to the massive day, including his goals and the team’s 4-0 clubbing of visiting Chicago:
“It was cool. The hat trick was cool. Getting the win was cool. And getting the rings was the coolest part of the day.”
The Galaxy players and staff were presented with their championship rings before kickoff Sunday. Apparently, it’s not getting old.
Here’s Magee’s full post-game interview from the Home Depot Center, or the StubHub Center, or the Victoria Street grounds … whatever you’d like to call it these days:
- Report: Juan Agudelo close to signing with his former MLS team, New England Revolution 0
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 0
- Newcastle United name John Carver head coach until end of 2014-15 season 0
- Transfer ban for Real Madrid? Probe launched after signing of Venezuelan kids 3
- Transfer rumor roundup: Ings to Tottenham Hotspur, Busquets to Manchester United 0
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0