Mar 5, 2013, 12:38 PM EST
On the ProSoccerTalk power rankings, I’m sticking to my (legally obtained, carefully stored) virtual guns.
We are going to wait another week on our first PST Power Rankings for MLS.
“Rush to judgment” is sometimes just a part of my job … but I can always put up a fight. So we’ll push back our initial ordering of Major League Soccer teams. At least that way all 19 will have played in one match, and many will have kicked shins once on the road and once at home.
Rankings after one match is like tasting a cake as it goes into the oven; I mean, can we let this bad boy bake just a little while?
But if you are seriously jonsing for an MLS Power Rankings fix, try this one from MLSSoccer.com.
Even here, I see a nitpik right off the front foot. D.C. United was dropped in the rankings after losing 2-0 at Houston. United was competitive in a place where it always loses, and was in the game well into second half. All that, plus Ben Olsen’s team was missing its top man, suspended playmaker Dwayne De Rosario. All that? On the road? Drop a team? Hmmm … looks dubious to me.
That’s why these things are so much fun, because we get to fuss and fight about it. Still, a little balance is better, in my opinion. So we’ll wait a week.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0
- Southampton 3-0 Everton: Saints hammer Toffees to end slide 0
- Aston Villa 1-1 Manchester United: Falcao header equals Benteke’s stunner, 10-man Villans hang on for point 1