Mar 5, 2013, 12:38 PM EDT
On the ProSoccerTalk power rankings, I’m sticking to my (legally obtained, carefully stored) virtual guns.
We are going to wait another week on our first PST Power Rankings for MLS.
“Rush to judgment” is sometimes just a part of my job … but I can always put up a fight. So we’ll push back our initial ordering of Major League Soccer teams. At least that way all 19 will have played in one match, and many will have kicked shins once on the road and once at home.
Rankings after one match is like tasting a cake as it goes into the oven; I mean, can we let this bad boy bake just a little while?
But if you are seriously jonsing for an MLS Power Rankings fix, try this one from MLSSoccer.com.
Even here, I see a nitpik right off the front foot. D.C. United was dropped in the rankings after losing 2-0 at Houston. United was competitive in a place where it always loses, and was in the game well into second half. All that, plus Ben Olsen’s team was missing its top man, suspended playmaker Dwayne De Rosario. All that? On the road? Drop a team? Hmmm … looks dubious to me.
That’s why these things are so much fun, because we get to fuss and fight about it. Still, a little balance is better, in my opinion. So we’ll wait a week.
- Report: AZ Alkmaar speaking with Werder Bremen about Aron Johannsson 0
- Premier League Goalkeeper preview: Who’s in our Top Five, and who switched clubs? 2
- Best starting lineups for all 20 Premier League teams – Do you agree? 7
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview: “Doesn’t give a ****” about FIFA 5
- VIDEO: Watch Arsene Wenger snub Jose Mourinho handshake. Who is in the wrong? 3
- Cristiano Ronaldo buys his agent a Greek island… as a wedding gift 1