Mar 8, 2013, 8:37 AM EST
I have a feeling a lot of us will know a lot more about this term “Driving While Disqualified” over the next few days.
Especially if you’re a Manchester City fan, whose days just keep getting darker. Or if you’re among the people who cannot help but watch a little crash-up unfold.
At this point, City will need some type of lottery-luck miracle to successfully defend its English Premier League Championship. Champions League dreams went “poof!” weeks ago.
And now one of Roberto Mancini’s top forwards could go to the English pokey for a spell. Carlos Tevez has been arrested for “Driving While Disqualified.”
When we talk of “disqualification” here, we’re usually thinking about being ruled out of pie baking competition, or scratched from the company three-legged race. But the serious business of driving illegally in England can carry a six-month prison sentence.
The story is just developing. There will certainly be more.
- Promotion Watch: Leaders Derby, Middlesbrough fighting Watford, Bournemouth for PL places 0
- WATCH: Michael Bradley, Sebastian Giovinco combine for Jozy Altidore’s first Toronto FC goal 4
- Premier League Sunday preview: Big boys tangle ahead of League Cup final 0
- Bundesliga wrap: Dortmund and Bayern flying high with big goal performances 0
- Premier League roundup: Manchester United go third, tight wins elsewhere 0
- Manchester United’s two-goal hero Wayne Rooney hails “deserved win.” Should he stay up front? 1