Mar 8, 2013, 8:37 AM EST
I have a feeling a lot of us will know a lot more about this term “Driving While Disqualified” over the next few days.
Especially if you’re a Manchester City fan, whose days just keep getting darker. Or if you’re among the people who cannot help but watch a little crash-up unfold.
At this point, City will need some type of lottery-luck miracle to successfully defend its English Premier League Championship. Champions League dreams went “poof!” weeks ago.
And now one of Roberto Mancini’s top forwards could go to the English pokey for a spell. Carlos Tevez has been arrested for “Driving While Disqualified.”
When we talk of “disqualification” here, we’re usually thinking about being ruled out of pie baking competition, or scratched from the company three-legged race. But the serious business of driving illegally in England can carry a six-month prison sentence.
The story is just developing. There will certainly be more.
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3