Mar 8, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
A few years back, Larry King was on set and being told: “You don’t tattoo somebody’s name on your body if it’s brief and unimportant, let’s put it that way. Romance fades, tats are forever!”
That was Scary Spice.
And I’m thinking, when your life gets to a point where you might, just might, be seeking good counsel from Scary Spice … you might just need to take a step back.
Be that as it may, D.C. United’s young blur of an attacker, Nick DeLeon, bravely assesses his dalliance with D.C. will be no brief and unimportant thing. It shouldn’t be; coming off a debut professional campaign of abundant MLS Rookie of the Year talk, DeLeon and United have every reason to believe in a bright sophomore season ahead.
Let’s hope so, because … this:
(Thanks to D.C. United communications ace Sarah Lerner for the pic).
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 4
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 5