Mar 8, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
A few years back, Larry King was on set and being told: “You don’t tattoo somebody’s name on your body if it’s brief and unimportant, let’s put it that way. Romance fades, tats are forever!”
That was Scary Spice.
And I’m thinking, when your life gets to a point where you might, just might, be seeking good counsel from Scary Spice … you might just need to take a step back.
Be that as it may, D.C. United’s young blur of an attacker, Nick DeLeon, bravely assesses his dalliance with D.C. will be no brief and unimportant thing. It shouldn’t be; coming off a debut professional campaign of abundant MLS Rookie of the Year talk, DeLeon and United have every reason to believe in a bright sophomore season ahead.
Let’s hope so, because … this:
(Thanks to D.C. United communications ace Sarah Lerner for the pic).
- Chelsea and Tottenham to battle for Wembley Stadium as temporary home 0
- 2015 Gold Cup: With the rest of CONCACAF making strides, this is USMNT’s chance to show they are, too 4
- New York City mayor could give USWNT ticker tape parade in Manhattan 1
- After Women’s World Cup triumph, Wambach, Ellis face questions about 2016 Olympics 2
- 2015 Copa America: Champions Chile dominate Team of the Tournament 0
- 2015 Gold Cup preview: United States look to defend title 0