Mar 10, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT
Smart, successful people in my business tell me that overreaction is part of the gig. It’s what we do – and they tell me it’s OK.
Still, I can’t help but feel a little professional self-consciousness about Andrew Farrell and how much I’ve already made of the talented New England Revolution rookie.
So we will not push another post where we speak of Farrell and how bright the future looks for the league’s No. 1 overall draft pick.
Rather, we’ll let Farrell speak for himself! (That’s cheating, I know. What can I say?)
Here’s what the Revs’ young defender told NBC’s Arlo White and Russ Thaler following last night’s successful pro debut.
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Red Bulls' Opening Act Has A Nightmare Finish
- MLS 2014: Dream Team of Week 1
- Jens Lehmann Downplays Guardiola's Bayern Munich
- Chivas USA Hang on to Take all 3 Points From Chicago Fire
- Three Things: Manchester City - Wigan
- Monarcas Morelia Hire 4th Manager of the Season
- What Moyes Really Meant by Asking Fans for More Time at Man United
- Manchester United Set to Sign Record $1 Billion Sponsorship Deal with Nike
- Will Johnson: We Weren't All Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro