Mar 10, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
The number of defensive mistakes in FC Dallas’ visit to Chivas USA is too sad to count.
The lack of shape and good decision making throughout this one bordered on something truly criminal.
But credit to Chivas USA, which did better and exploiting the chaotic, formless track meet that Sunday afternoon at the down-sized Home Depot Center turned into. (Just last week, I wrote about how “down-size” is not a word we mess with much anymore in a better, more modern MLS. Sigh.)
Both teams have much to work on. (But then we all knew that, didn’t we.)
Both will find themselves on the losing end of things unless they can shore up team defending and, in some cases, simply find some better players.
Just watch (and wince at) the silly FCD mistake in the back that leads to Oswaldo Minda’s well-taken game-winner in the Goats’ 3-1 win – one that gives new Chivas USA manager Jose Luis ‘Chelis’ Sanchez Sola his first win at the L.A.-based club.
The full highlights are here:
- Wolfsburg sporting director: “De Bruyne is off to Manchester City” 0
- Report: Manchester United planning massive $112 million bid for Arjen Robben 4
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Home advantage for heavyweights – Week 4 2
- WATCH: NBC Sports’ Premier League TV schedule – Week 4 0
- Premier League Preview: Newcastle United vs. Arsenal 0
- Kevin de Bruyne deal moves closer after “astonishing” offer to join Manchester City 0