Mar 10, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
The number of defensive mistakes in FC Dallas’ visit to Chivas USA is too sad to count.
The lack of shape and good decision making throughout this one bordered on something truly criminal.
But credit to Chivas USA, which did better and exploiting the chaotic, formless track meet that Sunday afternoon at the down-sized Home Depot Center turned into. (Just last week, I wrote about how “down-size” is not a word we mess with much anymore in a better, more modern MLS. Sigh.)
Both teams have much to work on. (But then we all knew that, didn’t we.)
Both will find themselves on the losing end of things unless they can shore up team defending and, in some cases, simply find some better players.
Just watch (and wince at) the silly FCD mistake in the back that leads to Oswaldo Minda’s well-taken game-winner in the Goats’ 3-1 win – one that gives new Chivas USA manager Jose Luis ‘Chelis’ Sanchez Sola his first win at the L.A.-based club.
The full highlights are here:
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 8: Columbus Crew SC’s Ethan Finlay 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 8 0
- Not even allowed an appeal: CONCACAF confirms Bush suspension for Champions League final 2
- Premier League Playback: Chelsea brilliant, not boring, as title inches closer 0
- MLS official squashes rumor of emergency intra-MLS goalkeeper loan for CONCACAF Champions League final 11
- VIDEO: Premier League Player of the Week — Round 34 0