Mar 13, 2013, 1:26 PM EST
We took you through it last night, and although in the interim you may have found these yourself, the highlights are still worth a few more moments of your time.
One thing to notice is how quickly this night changed for young DeAndre Yedlin. The 19-year-old right back was muscled off the ball in the first half ahead of Tigres’ seemingly vital away goal. On a pass played behind him by Jonathan Bornstein, Yedlin lost a battle picked by Alberto Acosta. Moments later, a ball was sent across Michael Gspurning’s box, and Elias Hernandez had Tigres up two.
Fast forward to the second half, and a pressing Seattle still hadn’t found a way to break through. Then on a ball sent out of the Tigres area after a corner, Yedlin one-times a prayer, one that catches a Tigres player before going in the right side of goal.
Unfortunately, neither the first half challenge nor the Yedlin goal are in the above package, provided by FOX Soccer, though they did clip something special for you, below.
Young players have up-and-down nights, but Yedlin’s was a particularly steep roller coaster. But thanks to the final score, people will remember the good part: Yedlin scoring his first professional goal:
- The Benny Feilhaber Conundrum: Has Peter Vermes finally solved the puzzle? 0
- Real Salt Lake’s 2013: The not-so-rebuilding year that could end in an MLS title 1
- MLS Cup 2000 flashback: Molnar, Meola the heroes for Kansas City – video 0
- Premier League Roundup: Moyes defeated in Everton reunion; top five snag wins 0
- David Moyes bemoans bad luck as former side Everton come back to haunt him 1
- West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Manchester City: Citizens address road worries with convincing performance at The Hawthorns 0
- Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Blues grab crucial away win as Hazard dazzles (video) 0
- Arsenal 2-0 Hull City: Bendtner and Ozil keep Gunners top (video) 0
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- USA drop one spot to 14th in latest FIFA World Rankings, Portugal surge to fifth (19)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (18)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (17)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (14)