Mar 13, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
We took you through it last night, and although in the interim you may have found these yourself, the highlights are still worth a few more moments of your time.
One thing to notice is how quickly this night changed for young DeAndre Yedlin. The 19-year-old right back was muscled off the ball in the first half ahead of Tigres’ seemingly vital away goal. On a pass played behind him by Jonathan Bornstein, Yedlin lost a battle picked by Alberto Acosta. Moments later, a ball was sent across Michael Gspurning’s box, and Elias Hernandez had Tigres up two.
Fast forward to the second half, and a pressing Seattle still hadn’t found a way to break through. Then on a ball sent out of the Tigres area after a corner, Yedlin one-times a prayer, one that catches a Tigres player before going in the right side of goal.
Unfortunately, neither the first half challenge nor the Yedlin goal are in the above package, provided by FOX Soccer, though they did clip something special for you, below.
Young players have up-and-down nights, but Yedlin’s was a particularly steep roller coaster. But thanks to the final score, people will remember the good part: Yedlin scoring his first professional goal:
- Looking back at Week 6 of the NWSL season 0
- Movement in the LA Galaxy-Omar Gonzalez situation 4
- Premier League managerial pair blast squad and referee following final match 0
- VIDEOS: A brief history of recent “Olimpico” goals in MLS 2
- Where Landon Donovan’s afternoon takes us in the ongoing U.S. national team debate 7
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PFT: Chad Johnson arrested for probation violation
- Play Video: Highlights: Union outlast Fire
- Play Video: Sir Alex says goodbye
- Play Video: Morgan committed to growth of new women's league
- Play Video: Boy with cancer, 8, scores against major league soccer team
- Play Video: Red Bulls pull off win on the road
- Play Video: Highlights: Montreal extinguish Chicago