Mar 14, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
There are only two managers left in this year’s UEFA Champions League that have resumes which boasts the cup with big ears, Real Madrid’s Jose Mourinho and Bayern Munich’s Jupp Heynckes.
Mourinho is on a quest for his third title and coaching immortality after previous wins with Porto in ’04 and Inter in ’10, while Heynckes is looking for victory number two after winning the trophy ironically with Real in ’98. To rub salt into the wounds, Heynckes was fired 10 days later by the Spaniards. And you wonder why, Jose has had problems in Madrid!
Now we know that Heynckes is done at Bayern. Pep Guardiola has signed a fat contract and will take over at the Alianz Arena as soon as Juup leaves the keys in the drawer and exits the building, while if rumors are too be believed despite his denials, Jose will not be too far behind the German in looking for different employers come May.
Two great managers on the market at the same time will have the English Premier League salivating as the managerial-go-round will be looking to take full effect as soon as the European season ends.
So just who would you take as the next manager of your club?
The ‘Special One’ or ‘Osram’
One man, Jose, brings trophies but he’ll make your club hated and despised while the other Juup, will be so low-key, you’ll wonder just who’s in charge but success will surely follow.
Personality vs. sensibility. Arrogance vs. humility. Winning vs. winning…
Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, dare I say, United, are you listening, are you poised to move?
Who do you rate as the better manager…Jose or Jupp?
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 0
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win