Mar 14, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
There are only two managers left in this year’s UEFA Champions League that have resumes which boasts the cup with big ears, Real Madrid’s Jose Mourinho and Bayern Munich’s Jupp Heynckes.
Mourinho is on a quest for his third title and coaching immortality after previous wins with Porto in ’04 and Inter in ’10, while Heynckes is looking for victory number two after winning the trophy ironically with Real in ’98. To rub salt into the wounds, Heynckes was fired 10 days later by the Spaniards. And you wonder why, Jose has had problems in Madrid!
Now we know that Heynckes is done at Bayern. Pep Guardiola has signed a fat contract and will take over at the Alianz Arena as soon as Juup leaves the keys in the drawer and exits the building, while if rumors are too be believed despite his denials, Jose will not be too far behind the German in looking for different employers come May.
Two great managers on the market at the same time will have the English Premier League salivating as the managerial-go-round will be looking to take full effect as soon as the European season ends.
So just who would you take as the next manager of your club?
The ‘Special One’ or ‘Osram’
One man, Jose, brings trophies but he’ll make your club hated and despised while the other Juup, will be so low-key, you’ll wonder just who’s in charge but success will surely follow.
Personality vs. sensibility. Arrogance vs. humility. Winning vs. winning…
Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, dare I say, United, are you listening, are you poised to move?
Who do you rate as the better manager…Jose or Jupp?
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3