Mar 15, 2013, 7:00 AM EDT
It’s that time of the season where every game is huge however they simply don’t get any bigger than a relegation six-pointer.
Aston Villa versus Queens Park Rangers is almost a relegation decider. For the victor momentum, for the loser the crushing realization that the Premiership dream is over.
The pundits like to say that the Championship play-off decider is worth close to $100 million, well, that’s the value of this match at Villa Park as the amount of money each club has invested will disappear if they fall into the Championship.
For American owner, Randy Lerner this would surely be the death-blow for his investment as he’s already siphoned off close to $150 million of his fortune. On the other side is Malaysian businessman Tony Fernandez who is in for over $100 million.
Yes folks, the Premiership is big money and a loss on Saturday will put a large sting in the pocketbooks of two highly successful men in business.
A Villa win will put them six points clear of the drop zone if other results go their way. A QPR victory would take them out of the relegation zone for just the second time this season.
The form book favors QPR as Villa have lost five of their last six at home, while the Londoners have picked up seven points from their last four road games.
Paul Lambert against Harry Redknapp…let the mind games begin.
This is can’t miss football and the intensity will be suffocating.
- Tuesday’s Top 5 Champions League Goals: Which was the best? 0
- A Klinsmann Casualty? Juan Agudelo passed on by Wolverhampton 3
- Steven Gerrard admits he denied move to Real Madrid and that it may haunt him in the future 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar go crazy on 40-goal night 0
- Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Hazard brace keeps Blues atop Group G 0
- AS Roma 1-7 Bayern Munich: Sublime Bayern smash Roma to go five points clear in Group E 1