Mar 15, 2013, 10:28 AM EST
Who doesn’t love them some good, clean Rivalry Week trash talk … especially when some of the smug and the bluster comes from official levels?
You know it is Rivalry Week in MLS because you’ve already seen a couple of our pieces on MLS rivalry back stories. More to come, too.
You also know if you happen to have seen some of the cranky content coming from unaffiliated bloggers and official team sites.
It ranges from the clever and cute, like this on Sunday’s impending Texas derby. (And seriously, I don’t know the typing thing works with those big, furry orange fingers.) …
… all the way to areas less polite, like this one (which contains a couple of versions of naughty words… just so you know). It’s from the Chicago Fire-centric site On The Fire, and a big part of the Sporting Kansas City hostility is wrapped up in a bitter diatribe against Midwest soccer moms.
(Oh, and Lance Armstrong. You just knew the Lance Armstrong haymaker punch was coming!)
Seriously Kansas, you’re packed full of them! Not just in your streets, but in your parking lots, your seats, your overpasses, ditches, and easements. The whole state is practically overflowing with middle-aged women in the prime of their momdom, mommying around in their mom vans. Last season, when I rolled across the prairie to DopeStrong Park, not only did SKC not let us bring our awesome flag waving display, but it surrounded us with the had-one-too-many-daiquiri infused PG-13 heckles of 18,000 moms.”
There’s also some fun in the Dan Kennedy vs. Robbie Keane FIFA ’13 battle. You can watch that one here.
For those who want to bring it back a little closer to the field, hows about Portland’s Darlington Nagbe with this little kidney punch: “Every time we go there [to CenturyLink Field in Seattle] our fans are louder than their fans.” Boom!
Ah, yes … it’s going to be a fun and spirited weekend.
- MLS roundup: LA Galaxy, Orlando, Red Bulls, Union, RSL, 13 others in preseason finales 0
- WATCH: NYCFC’s Mix Diskerud hits a screamer from 20 yards 0
- WATCH: Michael Bradley, Sebastian Giovinco combine for Jozy Altidore’s first Toronto FC goal 4
- Premier League Sunday preview: Big boys tangle ahead of League Cup final 0
- Bundesliga wrap: Dortmund and Bayern flying high with big goal performances 0
- Premier League roundup: Manchester United go third, tight wins elsewhere 0