Mar 15, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
Any time Germany comes up against Italy something tasty will be served up for our viewing pleasure and Bayern Munich versus Juventus certainly tops the menu in my book. Both teams are romping away with their domestic titles so no distractions can be offered up as excuses when the dust finally settles.
Bayern feels like the team on a mission for a number of reasons. Last year they lost in the final on their own patch to Chelsea and that still brings a sick lump to their throats. Coach, Juup Heynckes will be leaving the club at the end of the season and craves holding the cup with big ears one more time while the players know that this team will probably start fragmenting when Pep Guardiola takes the reins.
On their day the Germans look unstoppable however a bad day at the office against Arsenal has led some to believe that their mystique maybe a little more fragile than previously thought. The number of match winners within the squad though makes the third favorite tag justifiable.
Two time Champions, Juventus, have quietly gone about their business and almost silently made it to this point of the competition. In Andrea Pirlo they have a magician and the former AC Milan man knows what it feels like to lift this trophy. The Italian international has been reborn in Turin and if Toni Kroos fails to stop the supply line Juventus could steal a goal in Munich and you just know at home the bolt will close the door.
Juventus have been quiet for a number of years since the 2006 betting scandal, they’re now back and they’re making noise. Will it be enough…?
- Jose Mourinho, once again, wins tactical battle against Arsene Wenger 1
- Three things we learned from Arsenal vs. Chelsea 7
- Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea: Organized Blues defending effectively ends title race 0
- Who were the biggest snubs in PFA’s Premier League Team of the Season selections? 4
- PFA Team of the Year announced: 6 Blues lead the way 0
- VIDEO: Premier League Sunday preview – Arsenal vs. Chelsea, Everton vs. Manchester United 0