Mar 15, 2013, 12:23 PM EST
Any time Germany comes up against Italy something tasty will be served up for our viewing pleasure and Bayern Munich versus Juventus certainly tops the menu in my book. Both teams are romping away with their domestic titles so no distractions can be offered up as excuses when the dust finally settles.
Bayern feels like the team on a mission for a number of reasons. Last year they lost in the final on their own patch to Chelsea and that still brings a sick lump to their throats. Coach, Juup Heynckes will be leaving the club at the end of the season and craves holding the cup with big ears one more time while the players know that this team will probably start fragmenting when Pep Guardiola takes the reins.
On their day the Germans look unstoppable however a bad day at the office against Arsenal has led some to believe that their mystique maybe a little more fragile than previously thought. The number of match winners within the squad though makes the third favorite tag justifiable.
Two time Champions, Juventus, have quietly gone about their business and almost silently made it to this point of the competition. In Andrea Pirlo they have a magician and the former AC Milan man knows what it feels like to lift this trophy. The Italian international has been reborn in Turin and if Toni Kroos fails to stop the supply line Juventus could steal a goal in Munich and you just know at home the bolt will close the door.
Juventus have been quiet for a number of years since the 2006 betting scandal, they’re now back and they’re making noise. Will it be enough…?
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3