Mar 15, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
While the Uefa Champions League took center stage in Nyon, Switzerland, its ugly sister, the Europa League also conducted it’s draw for the last eight. England had the most representatives with three and incredibly they all managed to avoid each other setting up the possibility of mouth-watering semi-finals.
The 1st leg matches will be played on April 4th with the return legs a week later on April 11th.
Chelsea vs. Rubin Kazan
Tottenham vs. Basel
Fenerbache vs. Lazio
Benfica vs. Newcastle United
Who fancies an all English final…?
- Who were biggest winners, losers from USMNT’s March friendlies? 0
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter is “ready to change.” Do we believe this? 1
- On Jurgen Klinsmann and Michael Bradley and “playing out of position” 10
- Three things we learned from the USMNT’s late 1-1 draw in Switzerland 1
- Player ratings: Stars and flops for the USMNT in 1-1 draw at Switzerland 14
- Switzerland 1-1 USMNT: Another late equalizer cancels out Shea’s stunner 3