Mar 15, 2013, 11:38 AM EST
At first glance and without any in-depth research it’s tempting to give Dortmund a free pass to the semi-finals however I’m sure Jurgen Klopp will have many a sleepless night waiting for this tie to come around.
Malaga have shown tremendous character not only in the Champions League but in their domestic form. This is a club that has been struggling under the weight of financial uncertainty and yet still fins the will to produce performances of verve and power.
The Spanish playmaker Isco is a wonderful talent who is not afraid to shoot from anywhere while Joaquin and Javier Saviola have been reborn under the careful management of Manuel Pellergrini who in my opinion is one of the world’s best man managers and tacticians. They’ll have to make the home leg count.
Winners in 1997, Dortmund have saved their best for the Champions League especially now that their Bundesliga crown has gone. In Robert Lewandoski they have one of Europe’s top strikers and with rumors persisting that the POle could be on his way this summer, he’ll want to leave the Westfallen on a high. Mario Gotze is also high on the wanted list of Europe’s elite and his guile, imagination and silky skills can open up any back line.
Klopp will be aware that maintaining the team shape throughout both legs will be the key to success.
Who wins this one…?
- UEFA rules set up Arsenal, Manchester City for tough Champions League Round of 16 draws 0
- No, the South Florida team will NOT be “Miami Beckham United;” plus the MLS news roundup for Dec. 11 0
- UEFA Champions League recap: Barça, Chelsea, Dortmund claim groups; Arsenal through; Juve out 0
- Demba Ba’s goal enough to give Chelsea 1-0 Champions League win, first place in Group E 0
- Neymar’s first three Champions League goals see Barcelona to 6-1 win, top of Group H 0
- Arsenal advance in Champions League, but Napoli out despite win 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (16)
- MLS commissioner Don Garber to ESPN: “no chance” Chivas USA to be contracted or moved (14)
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!
- Messi on Safe Track to Full Recovery
- The Argentinian Armada, Favorites for Brazil 2014
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"