Mar 16, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
The Rapids bad injury situation just keeps getting worse.
Colorado goalkeeper Matt Pickens left Saturday’s match with Real Salt Lake in the first half, and examinations show a broken forearm. No word as yet on how long the ninth-year pro will miss, but it doesn’t sound good.
This is club already missing starters Pablo Mastroeni, Edson Buddle, Martin Rivero and Jaime Castrillon.
Rookie Clinton Irwin, the third goalkeeper in three games for the Rapids, took over for Pickens. Colorado leads this game at halftime, 1-0, on a goal against the run of play by promising rookie Deshorn Brown.
Wondering if Kevin Hartman, who was still excellent in Dallas last year but dumped in a salary-related move, will be hearing from the Rapids?
The injury occurred on a Real Salt Lake corner kick:
- Arsenal’s striker fears grow: Danny Welbeck has surgery, out long-term 1
- USMNT move up one spot in latest FIFA World rankings 1
- Klinsmann confirms Brad Guzan will start Confederations Cup playoff in goal 4
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7