Mar 16, 2013, 7:01 PM EST
The Rapids bad injury situation just keeps getting worse.
Colorado goalkeeper Matt Pickens left Saturday’s match with Real Salt Lake in the first half, and examinations show a broken forearm. No word as yet on how long the ninth-year pro will miss, but it doesn’t sound good.
This is club already missing starters Pablo Mastroeni, Edson Buddle, Martin Rivero and Jaime Castrillon.
Rookie Clinton Irwin, the third goalkeeper in three games for the Rapids, took over for Pickens. Colorado leads this game at halftime, 1-0, on a goal against the run of play by promising rookie Deshorn Brown.
Wondering if Kevin Hartman, who was still excellent in Dallas last year but dumped in a salary-related move, will be hearing from the Rapids?
The injury occurred on a Real Salt Lake corner kick:
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 29 0
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- WATCH: Stoke City fans erupt into “Delilah” chant during win over Arsenal 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Tottenham 1
- WATCH: PST Extra – Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 4
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire