Mar 16, 2013, 7:01 PM EST
The Rapids bad injury situation just keeps getting worse.
Colorado goalkeeper Matt Pickens left Saturday’s match with Real Salt Lake in the first half, and examinations show a broken forearm. No word as yet on how long the ninth-year pro will miss, but it doesn’t sound good.
This is club already missing starters Pablo Mastroeni, Edson Buddle, Martin Rivero and Jaime Castrillon.
Rookie Clinton Irwin, the third goalkeeper in three games for the Rapids, took over for Pickens. Colorado leads this game at halftime, 1-0, on a goal against the run of play by promising rookie Deshorn Brown.
Wondering if Kevin Hartman, who was still excellent in Dallas last year but dumped in a salary-related move, will be hearing from the Rapids?
The injury occurred on a Real Salt Lake corner kick:
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 0
- Italy head coach Antonio Conte supports Sebastian Giovinco’s move to MLS 7
- USMNT U-20s defeat El Salvador, 2-0, qualify for 2015 U-20 World Cup 1
- Jurgen Klinsmann names 23-man roster for USMNT friendlies vs. Chile, Panama 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Ivory Coast, Cameroon in 1-1 draws as Group D up for grabs 0
- Mourinho on loss: “Me and the players must feel ashamed” 0