Mar 16, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
The Rapids bad injury situation just keeps getting worse.
Colorado goalkeeper Matt Pickens left Saturday’s match with Real Salt Lake in the first half, and examinations show a broken forearm. No word as yet on how long the ninth-year pro will miss, but it doesn’t sound good.
This is club already missing starters Pablo Mastroeni, Edson Buddle, Martin Rivero and Jaime Castrillon.
Rookie Clinton Irwin, the third goalkeeper in three games for the Rapids, took over for Pickens. Colorado leads this game at halftime, 1-0, on a goal against the run of play by promising rookie Deshorn Brown.
Wondering if Kevin Hartman, who was still excellent in Dallas last year but dumped in a salary-related move, will be hearing from the Rapids?
The injury occurred on a Real Salt Lake corner kick:
- Emotional Lampard just as shocked after pegging back ex-club Chelsea (VIDEO) 0
- Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea: Lampard shocks former club with late equalizer (video) 1
- Mario Balotelli mocks Manchester United on twitter 5
- Leicester City 5-3 Manchester United: Foxes complete comeback for the ages (video) 9
- MLS Roundup: Sounders, D.C. United slip; LA gains ground in the West 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man City vs. Chelsea; Everton, Spurs, Man United in action 0