Mar 16, 2013, 7:01 PM EST
The Rapids bad injury situation just keeps getting worse.
Colorado goalkeeper Matt Pickens left Saturday’s match with Real Salt Lake in the first half, and examinations show a broken forearm. No word as yet on how long the ninth-year pro will miss, but it doesn’t sound good.
This is club already missing starters Pablo Mastroeni, Edson Buddle, Martin Rivero and Jaime Castrillon.
Rookie Clinton Irwin, the third goalkeeper in three games for the Rapids, took over for Pickens. Colorado leads this game at halftime, 1-0, on a goal against the run of play by promising rookie Deshorn Brown.
Wondering if Kevin Hartman, who was still excellent in Dallas last year but dumped in a salary-related move, will be hearing from the Rapids?
The injury occurred on a Real Salt Lake corner kick:
- Could Joe Hart return to Premier League action this weekend against Fulham? 0
- U.S. Soccer names All-Time Best XI, do you agree? 7
- Luis Suarez signs new long-term deal at Liverpool 3
- Clint Dempsey undergoes medical at Fulham ahead of loan move from Seattle Sounders 3
- Hamm, Wambach, Morgan lead U.S. Soccer’s all-time women’s best XI (but no Solo, Milbrett) 11
- Manchester derby in cards for League Cup final 1
- Report: Clint Dempsey will join Fulham on Jan. 1 for two-month loan (12)
- Is Google a player in the game of sports media rights? (12)
- Hamm, Wambach, Morgan lead U.S. Soccer’s all-time women’s best XI (but no Solo, Milbrett) (11)
- Spurs in hunt for new boss after sacking Andre Villas-Boas (10)
- Mexico’s Monterrey dumped out of FIFA Club World Cup (7)
- Bank of Brazil to Release Special World Cup Coins
- Nightmare for Socceroos in Real Group of Death
- Hodgson's Manaus Plan is Flawed
- Wilmer Cabrera on WC Draw: ''It's an Even Group''
- Germany Building Training Facility in Brazil
- Spain Thinking of US Camp Before World Cup
- Don't count out Chile in WC Group B
- Kicking it Off with a Final
- VIDEO: Visa World Cup Promo
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy