Mar 16, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
The Rapids bad injury situation just keeps getting worse.
Colorado goalkeeper Matt Pickens left Saturday’s match with Real Salt Lake in the first half, and examinations show a broken forearm. No word as yet on how long the ninth-year pro will miss, but it doesn’t sound good.
This is club already missing starters Pablo Mastroeni, Edson Buddle, Martin Rivero and Jaime Castrillon.
Rookie Clinton Irwin, the third goalkeeper in three games for the Rapids, took over for Pickens. Colorado leads this game at halftime, 1-0, on a goal against the run of play by promising rookie Deshorn Brown.
Wondering if Kevin Hartman, who was still excellent in Dallas last year but dumped in a salary-related move, will be hearing from the Rapids?
The injury occurred on a Real Salt Lake corner kick:
- MLS Snapshot: New York City FC 2-3 Montreal Impact (video) 0
- Brendan Rodgers says $50 million for Christian Benteke was a bargain 0
- Saturday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Berbatov to Villa, Rahman to Chelsea 1
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 4
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 1
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 1