Mar 16, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Crew Stadium was a story of sweet redemption for two men, one from San Jose and one from Columbus.
New Columbus Crew center back Glauber was the culprit on a bad goal last week as his team lost at Vancouver. So it surely felt nice at Crew Stadium today as the big Brazilian headed home the first home goal for his team this year.
He shook free of Ramiro Corrales to drive home Federico Higuain’s corner kick.
Corrales, the final man still on the field who was an MLS man in that inaugural 1996 season, hasn’t stuck around this long by making mistakes like that one.
So it surely felt good when Corrales made a sneaky little pass to Justin Morrow along the left, then watched as his San Jose teammate drove a well-placed shot into Crew goal for the equalizer.
Full match highlights are here:
- Premier League Power Rankings: Liverpool or Chelsea for the title? – Week 34 0
- Neymar, Jordi Alba to miss the rest of Barcelona’s season 0
- Manchester: A city not united, as Blue and Red converge 2
- PST Extra: Race for the Premier League title 0
- Report: Cardiff, Tan claim to have evidence against Palace in spy accusation 2
- NWSL Digest: Reign, Flash flying as we move past Week 1 2