Mar 16, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Crew Stadium was a story of sweet redemption for two men, one from San Jose and one from Columbus.
New Columbus Crew center back Glauber was the culprit on a bad goal last week as his team lost at Vancouver. So it surely felt nice at Crew Stadium today as the big Brazilian headed home the first home goal for his team this year.
He shook free of Ramiro Corrales to drive home Federico Higuain’s corner kick.
Corrales, the final man still on the field who was an MLS man in that inaugural 1996 season, hasn’t stuck around this long by making mistakes like that one.
So it surely felt good when Corrales made a sneaky little pass to Justin Morrow along the left, then watched as his San Jose teammate drove a well-placed shot into Crew goal for the equalizer.
Full match highlights are here:
- Toronto FC fire Ryan Nelsen thanks to disappointing position and disparaging comments 1
- Leicester City 1-1 Arsenal: Home side holds strong for draw 2
- Done deal: Chelsea sign Loic Remy from QPR 0
- Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool: Familiar scenes as Reds storm Spurs in London 3
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0
- Revolution feeling a Jermaine Jones boost after unloading on Toronto 0