Mar 16, 2013, 8:08 PM EST
Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Crew Stadium was a story of sweet redemption for two men, one from San Jose and one from Columbus.
New Columbus Crew center back Glauber was the culprit on a bad goal last week as his team lost at Vancouver. So it surely felt nice at Crew Stadium today as the big Brazilian headed home the first home goal for his team this year.
He shook free of Ramiro Corrales to drive home Federico Higuain’s corner kick.
Corrales, the final man still on the field who was an MLS man in that inaugural 1996 season, hasn’t stuck around this long by making mistakes like that one.
So it surely felt good when Corrales made a sneaky little pass to Justin Morrow along the left, then watched as his San Jose teammate drove a well-placed shot into Crew goal for the equalizer.
Full match highlights are here:
- Paul Scholes: Thierry Henry’s legendary goal vs. Man United was my fault 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 2
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 5
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 2
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1