Mar 16, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
I just spoke to New York Red Bulls communication director Brian Tsao, who said the injury late Saturday to New York Red Bulls ace Thierry Henry does not appear serious.
Henry twisted the knee as he attempted to regain his footing inside the D.C. United penalty area late in Saturday’s 0-0 draw at Red Bull Arena.
Henry left Red Bull Arena without talking to reporters.
But Tsao said an initial examination seemed to show only a minor twist. The French striker will be reevaluated Monday.
Even if the injury is nothing serious, it will be interesting to see what Henry and the Red Bulls do this weekend; the team travels to Montreal, where the Canadian club is playing its early matches at Olympic Stadium.
The indoor facility has artificial turf – and Henry is no fan.
If I were making the call, if there was even a thimble full of concern over the knee, Henry wouldn’t get anywhere near the Montreal stadium; he’s just too valuable to risk.
- Done Deals: De Bruyne joins Manchester City in busy day for Wolfsburg 1
- USMNT releases 23-man roster for September friendlies 2
- Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United: Swans comeback stuns Red Devils 3
- Sunday Transfer Rumor Roundup: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Wanyama to leave Saints 1
- Manchester City officially signs Kevin de Bruyne 1
- Watch Live: Swansea City vs Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0