Mar 16, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
I just spoke to New York Red Bulls communication director Brian Tsao, who said the injury late Saturday to New York Red Bulls ace Thierry Henry does not appear serious.
Henry twisted the knee as he attempted to regain his footing inside the D.C. United penalty area late in Saturday’s 0-0 draw at Red Bull Arena.
Henry left Red Bull Arena without talking to reporters.
But Tsao said an initial examination seemed to show only a minor twist. The French striker will be reevaluated Monday.
Even if the injury is nothing serious, it will be interesting to see what Henry and the Red Bulls do this weekend; the team travels to Montreal, where the Canadian club is playing its early matches at Olympic Stadium.
The indoor facility has artificial turf – and Henry is no fan.
If I were making the call, if there was even a thimble full of concern over the knee, Henry wouldn’t get anywhere near the Montreal stadium; he’s just too valuable to risk.
- WATCH: Men In Blazers recap derby weekend, visit with Brandon McCarthy 0
- MLS salaries released, showing Kaka nets MLS-record $7.1 million 4
- Report: Chivas USA to suspend operations for at least 2 years 3
- Stoke City 1-0 Newcastle: Crouch’s header sinks Newcastle, Pardew deeper (video) 0
- Report: Minnesota United’s Miguel Ibarra to get US national team call-up 2
- Premier League Playback: Can Chelsea stay unbeaten throughout 2014-15? 0