Mar 19, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Remember over the weekend when there was that whole dust-up about the ridiculous red card given to Chivas USA’s Joaquín Velasquez for, I don’t know, sliding or something?
Well, that’s a thing of the past. MLS rescinded the red card and the fine, meaning the midfielder can play this weekend against Chicago. The discipline system does work.
But seriously, discipline and cheating is becoming a bigger issue in MLS and it’s important to see that mistakes are rectified in a timely and appropriate manner. No official will get everything right all the time. At least there’s a system in place to correct the mistakes.
In case you missed it, here’s the non-red red:
- Report: Diego Maradona nearing deal to manage Palestinian National Team 1
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 5
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 1
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 1
- Report: Red Bull’s days in MLS are likely numbered 10