Mar 19, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Remember over the weekend when there was that whole dust-up about the ridiculous red card given to Chivas USA’s Joaquín Velasquez for, I don’t know, sliding or something?
Well, that’s a thing of the past. MLS rescinded the red card and the fine, meaning the midfielder can play this weekend against Chicago. The discipline system does work.
But seriously, discipline and cheating is becoming a bigger issue in MLS and it’s important to see that mistakes are rectified in a timely and appropriate manner. No official will get everything right all the time. At least there’s a system in place to correct the mistakes.
In case you missed it, here’s the non-red red:
- FOLLOW LIVE – Champions League: Bayern Munich, PSG aim to overturn 3-1 deficits to Barcelona, FC Porto 0
- Chris Smalling signs new Manchester United contract through 2019 0
- Franz Beckenbauer: Der Kaiser weighs in on Klopp, Dante and Bayern’s CL hopes 0
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1