Mar 19, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Remember over the weekend when there was that whole dust-up about the ridiculous red card given to Chivas USA’s Joaquín Velasquez for, I don’t know, sliding or something?
Well, that’s a thing of the past. MLS rescinded the red card and the fine, meaning the midfielder can play this weekend against Chicago. The discipline system does work.
But seriously, discipline and cheating is becoming a bigger issue in MLS and it’s important to see that mistakes are rectified in a timely and appropriate manner. No official will get everything right all the time. At least there’s a system in place to correct the mistakes.
In case you missed it, here’s the non-red red:
- WATCH: Men in Blazers show debuts on NBCSN 0
- Report: Obafemi Martins close to Seattle extension and raise 0
- DC United extends Ben Olsen’s contract after bounceback season 1
- Premier League Download: Tale of the newly-promoted teams 0
- FIFA Executive: “The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will not happen” 7
- Premier League Playback: Legendary Lampard strikes, United’s shambolic implosion 2