Mar 19, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Remember over the weekend when there was that whole dust-up about the ridiculous red card given to Chivas USA’s Joaquín Velasquez for, I don’t know, sliding or something?
Well, that’s a thing of the past. MLS rescinded the red card and the fine, meaning the midfielder can play this weekend against Chicago. The discipline system does work.
But seriously, discipline and cheating is becoming a bigger issue in MLS and it’s important to see that mistakes are rectified in a timely and appropriate manner. No official will get everything right all the time. At least there’s a system in place to correct the mistakes.
In case you missed it, here’s the non-red red:
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0