Mar 23, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
A few things to consider as you watch the goals and some swell saves of Columbus’ 2-1 road win Saturday at D.C. United:
- United’s defending on set-pieces was terrible. Horribly so, for that’s the biggest reason United’s watched its 18-game home unbeaten streak go bye-bye Saturday.
- You get so much “good” with young United goalkeeper Bill Hamid, but a heaping helping of “bad” as well. Hamid’s decision making was awful on the Crew’s first goal, coming out into a crowd to collect a corner kick but getting nowhere near it. Later, he fumbled a free kick right into the worst spot, into the middle of the field; the Crew’s Ben Speas was there to nail the game-winner.
- Speaking of Speas: The Columbus Crew home-grown signing, who debuted on the final match day of 2012, continues to impress. Robert Warzycha and his staff really have something in the young midfielder.
- Previously, Speas was a replacement for the injured Eddie Gaven (and PST readers know we always call Gaven one of the most underrated of MLS men.) Saturday Warzycha had them both on the field, at either flank.
- Dwayne De Rosario is now into his third season at RFK, and yet the tinkering on how best to use the league’s 2011 MVP continues. He played ahead of holding midfielder Perry Kitchen, behind two strikers on Saturday. In his time at United, De Rosario has operated as a central attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1, as a second striker and in the role he occupied Saturday.
Highlights of Saturday’s contest at RFK Stadium:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Feb 28, 2015, 12:10 PM EST
The giant Englishman scored less than a minute after subbing on for Mame Diouf, and Stoke stayed in the top half.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:09 PM EST
Saints fire another blank, as Baggies break them down.
Feb 28, 2015, 12:03 PM EST
The three points moved Swansea ahead of West Ham for eight in the Premier League table.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:57 AM EST
Rooney’s double sees off a stubborn Sunderland side to cement United’s spot in the top four.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:55 AM EST
Villa’s 22 points are even with Burnley and QPR, but their goal differential is the worst of the three.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:40 AM EST
Mark the date as the moment Sam Allardyce’s long shot dreams of European football for West Ham all but died.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:34 AM EST
TheRevierderby was all Borussia Dortmund, which keeps climbing the Bundesliga table after a horrible start to the season.
Feb 28, 2015, 11:15 AM EST
Murray scores twice, gets red card in eventful outing at Upton Park.
Feb 28, 2015, 10:55 AM EST
Goals are in short supply. See if they arrive in the second half by watching live, here.
Feb 28, 2015, 9:44 AM EST
Sone Aluko and Gaston Ramirez move last week’s hero Dame N’Doye to the bench, as the Tigers look to put together a three-match winning streak.
Feb 28, 2015, 9:39 AM EST
Danny Ings will lead the charge for Burnley, which has controversially non-suspended Ashley Barnes in the Starting XI.
Feb 28, 2015, 9:39 AM EST
Eagles soar past Hammers a Murray scores twice, gets red card.
Feb 28, 2015, 9:35 AM EST
Emmanuel Riviere gets a start for Newcastle, with Ayoze Perez heading for the bench. Cancer-battler Jonas Gutierrez is back in the 18 as well.
Feb 28, 2015, 9:27 AM EST
Can the Baggies beat high-flying Saints? Watch live online, right here.
Feb 28, 2015, 9:08 AM EST
Can the Red Devils stay in the top four with a win? Watch live online, right here.
Feb 28, 2015, 8:20 AM EST
How to watch every single PL game during Week 27 live online or via the app.
Feb 28, 2015, 7:33 AM EST
How will Pardew get on as he returns to Upton Park? Watch live online, here.
Feb 28, 2015, 7:20 AM EST
Beckham chats with Sky Sports in the UK about his dream to play soccer, ‘that’ catch and much more.
Feb 27, 2015, 11:46 PM EST
Louis van Gaal speaks of Manchester United’s mindset at this stage of the season.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:50 PM EST
Celtic released a statement that urged fans to join hunt for the people who set off fireworks in Europa League competition and violated UEFA’s code of conduct.
- Manchester United 2-0 Sunderland: Rooney nets double to seal easy win 0
- Newcastle United 1-0 Aston Villa: Cisse’s goal keeps Sherwood’s Villans in the drop zone 0
- West Ham United 1-3 Crystal Palace: Eagles win fiery London derby 1
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Sunderland (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League live online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 27 0
- Odell Beckham Jr. appears on TV show in England, reveals former dream was to be a pro soccer player 0