Mar 30, 2013, 7:26 PM EDT
While it may be true that Dillon Powers, the 11th overall pick of Major League Soccer’s 2013 SuperDraft, is getting into Colorado’s starting lineup thanks to a rash of injuries to veterans, the young man is sure making the best of it.
Powers, Notre Dame’s captain last year, has been impressive in four starts this year for Oscar Pareja. And now the young Texan (whose father, Michael, was an enduring figure in the professional indoor game in the 1980s and 1990s) has his first pro goal.
Powers got every bit of a ball in the first half against Portland. What. A. Strike.
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 0
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 1
- Report: Xavi’s move to New York City FC collapses, will remain at Barcelona 2
- Pep Guardiola: For now, Julian Green will remain with Bayern Munich’s first team 6
- Real Madrid sign James Rodriguez for $107 million 6