Mar 30, 2013, 7:26 PM EDT
While it may be true that Dillon Powers, the 11th overall pick of Major League Soccer’s 2013 SuperDraft, is getting into Colorado’s starting lineup thanks to a rash of injuries to veterans, the young man is sure making the best of it.
Powers, Notre Dame’s captain last year, has been impressive in four starts this year for Oscar Pareja. And now the young Texan (whose father, Michael, was an enduring figure in the professional indoor game in the 1980s and 1990s) has his first pro goal.
Powers got every bit of a ball in the first half against Portland. What. A. Strike.
- CONCACAF aims for 50-50 crowd split for USA vs. Mexico clash at Rose Bowl 0
- Top 5 Premier League storylines ahead of Week 4: Transfer deadline day looms 2
- Analyzing UEFA Champions League group stage draw for four Premier League teams 0
- Full draw: Epic UEFA Champions League group stage will see giants collide 3
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Neymar in talks, Olic to Stoke City 0
- Wolfsburg say Kevin de Bruyne not heading to Manchester City “at this point” 9