Mar 30, 2013, 7:26 PM EDT
While it may be true that Dillon Powers, the 11th overall pick of Major League Soccer’s 2013 SuperDraft, is getting into Colorado’s starting lineup thanks to a rash of injuries to veterans, the young man is sure making the best of it.
Powers, Notre Dame’s captain last year, has been impressive in four starts this year for Oscar Pareja. And now the young Texan (whose father, Michael, was an enduring figure in the professional indoor game in the 1980s and 1990s) has his first pro goal.
Powers got every bit of a ball in the first half against Portland. What. A. Strike.
- Premier League friendly roundup: Southampton draws, Stoke swallowed 0
- Jose Mourinho says “best team lost,” attacks Arsenal’s defensive tactics, as Chelsea beaten at their own game 4
- Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho fail to shake hands, as Gunners boss finally prevails 1
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s Community Shield win vs. Chelsea 0
- Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea: Oxlade-Chamberlain strike wins Gunners FA Community Shield 0
- Report: Manchester United, PSG agree to $70 million fee for Angel di Maria 3