Mar 30, 2013, 7:26 PM EDT
While it may be true that Dillon Powers, the 11th overall pick of Major League Soccer’s 2013 SuperDraft, is getting into Colorado’s starting lineup thanks to a rash of injuries to veterans, the young man is sure making the best of it.
Powers, Notre Dame’s captain last year, has been impressive in four starts this year for Oscar Pareja. And now the young Texan (whose father, Michael, was an enduring figure in the professional indoor game in the 1980s and 1990s) has his first pro goal.
Powers got every bit of a ball in the first half against Portland. What. A. Strike.
- In a career full of blunders, firing Carlo Ancelotti is Florentino Perez’s worst mistake yet 4
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: The managers 0
- Florentino Perez announces firing of Carlo Ancelotti by Real Madrid 0
- Middlesbrough 0-2 Norwich City: Comfortable Canaries back in Premier League 0
- Ten biggest storylines of the Premier League season that was 0
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0