Mar 30, 2013, 7:26 PM EDT
While it may be true that Dillon Powers, the 11th overall pick of Major League Soccer’s 2013 SuperDraft, is getting into Colorado’s starting lineup thanks to a rash of injuries to veterans, the young man is sure making the best of it.
Powers, Notre Dame’s captain last year, has been impressive in four starts this year for Oscar Pareja. And now the young Texan (whose father, Michael, was an enduring figure in the professional indoor game in the 1980s and 1990s) has his first pro goal.
Powers got every bit of a ball in the first half against Portland. What. A. Strike.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Manchester United vs. Chelsea headlines 0
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 2
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 3
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 2