Apr 1, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
(UPDATE … Never mind. Kamara got me. Good one, dude.)
We kept saying how much Sporting Kansas City would miss Roger Espinoza and Kei Kamara, the lesser heralded men of the conference championship success at Sporting Park last year.
Espinoza went to Wigan in England in January; Kamara made his way to Norwich City. All of their energy and drive has been missed so far in 2013 at SKC, which had been slow to get going prior to the weekend win over Montreal.
So, that part we nailed. Where we didn’t hit the bulls eye, apparently, was in assuming that Norwich would keep Kamara. He was there on loan, but seemed to have done enough to justify an outright buy.
Short of an official announcement from either club (SKC or Norwich), this Tweet from Kamara would seem to indicate substantial proof otherwise. Check back for more on this one.
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 4
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 6