Apr 1, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
(UPDATE … Never mind. Kamara got me. Good one, dude.)
We kept saying how much Sporting Kansas City would miss Roger Espinoza and Kei Kamara, the lesser heralded men of the conference championship success at Sporting Park last year.
Espinoza went to Wigan in England in January; Kamara made his way to Norwich City. All of their energy and drive has been missed so far in 2013 at SKC, which had been slow to get going prior to the weekend win over Montreal.
So, that part we nailed. Where we didn’t hit the bulls eye, apparently, was in assuming that Norwich would keep Kamara. He was there on loan, but seemed to have done enough to justify an outright buy.
Short of an official announcement from either club (SKC or Norwich), this Tweet from Kamara would seem to indicate substantial proof otherwise. Check back for more on this one.
- NWSL Digest: Reign, Flash flying as we move past Week 1 0
- Henry, Sam goals see New York break into the win column 0
- Real Madrid beat Barcelona to win Copa del Rey, as Bale’s brilliance seals it 3
- It’s official: Atlanta gets Major League Soccer’s 22nd franchise 1
- Manchester City 2-2 Sunderland: Two Wickham goals, late Nasri equalizer leave sides even (video) 3
- Everton 2-3 Crystal Palace: Toffees’ top four hopes take huge hit 6