Apr 1, 2013, 12:20 PM EST
(UPDATE … Never mind. Kamara got me. Good one, dude.)
We kept saying how much Sporting Kansas City would miss Roger Espinoza and Kei Kamara, the lesser heralded men of the conference championship success at Sporting Park last year.
Espinoza went to Wigan in England in January; Kamara made his way to Norwich City. All of their energy and drive has been missed so far in 2013 at SKC, which had been slow to get going prior to the weekend win over Montreal.
So, that part we nailed. Where we didn’t hit the bulls eye, apparently, was in assuming that Norwich would keep Kamara. He was there on loan, but seemed to have done enough to justify an outright buy.
Short of an official announcement from either club (SKC or Norwich), this Tweet from Kamara would seem to indicate substantial proof otherwise. Check back for more on this one.
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Tottenham 0
- PST Extra: Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Ranking the candidates for MLS’s next two expansion teams (after Don Garber’s Tuesday Q-and-A) 5
- MLS Season Preview: Ranking the top 10 midfielders 0
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire
- Report: Man City Prepare $278 Million Offer for Lionel Messi
- Revs Notebook: Targeting Strikers, Imbongo's Reds & Fagundez's Left Foot
- Chicago Fire Players to Watch for in 2014
- FC Dallas Unveil 2014 Home Kit
- Eddie Johnson's Bumpy Road to Designated Player Status
- Adidas & Nike Unveil Hybrid Cleats to Change Soccer Forever
- Preview: Sporting KC at Seattle Sounders FC
- Chelsea Face Stiff Test When Tottenham Visit the Bridge