Apr 1, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
(UPDATE … Never mind. Kamara got me. Good one, dude.)
We kept saying how much Sporting Kansas City would miss Roger Espinoza and Kei Kamara, the lesser heralded men of the conference championship success at Sporting Park last year.
Espinoza went to Wigan in England in January; Kamara made his way to Norwich City. All of their energy and drive has been missed so far in 2013 at SKC, which had been slow to get going prior to the weekend win over Montreal.
So, that part we nailed. Where we didn’t hit the bulls eye, apparently, was in assuming that Norwich would keep Kamara. He was there on loan, but seemed to have done enough to justify an outright buy.
Short of an official announcement from either club (SKC or Norwich), this Tweet from Kamara would seem to indicate substantial proof otherwise. Check back for more on this one.
- Reports: Manchester United nearing cut-price loan for Falcao 3
- Toronto FC fire Ryan Nelsen thanks to disappointing position and disparaging comments 1
- Leicester City 1-1 Arsenal: Home side holds strong for draw 3
- Done deal: Chelsea sign Loic Remy from QPR 0
- Tottenham 0-3 Liverpool: Familiar scenes as Reds storm Spurs in London 4
- Premier League Sunday Preview: Tottenham host Liverpool, Arsenal face Leicester 0