The drama has ended!!! Yaya Toure re-signs with Manchester City

Apr 4, 2013, 12:58 PM EST

Manchester City v Newcastle United - Premier League Getty Images

Exactly two weeks since Yaya Toure’s agent announced that his client felt disrespected by Manchester City and believed the club no longer wanted him, the incredible has happened. You guessed it, Toure put pen to paper today on a new four year deal to stay at the Etihad.

As compensation for the 29 year old’s services, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan will reportedly pay the Ivorian a cool $333,000/£220,000 a week.

Yes, my friends, that is a ton of moolah. That’s the kind of moolah that is a real game changer. That’s the kind of moolah that – dare I say it – makes one think that maybe, just maybe, Yaya Toure is all about the moolah.

I mean, what about all that noise Toure made over wanting to play with his brother, Kolo, who will inevitably be leaving City this summer?

“This is where I want to be,” Toure announced on City’s official website. “When I first arrived at City every time I went to sleep I would dream about us winning something; now it is about us being the best team in whatever competition we take part in.”

Awww, that’s so sweet, Yaya!

But what about Toure’s dream of finishing his career at Barcelona?

“I will never forget how I have been treated here by the fans, the club and the owners and nothing would give me greater pleasure than to finish my career as a Manchester City player.

“I want to continue winning titles and trophies and continue to make history. I have enjoyed all of my time here and can’t wait for the next chapter. This is an incredible club to be part of with fans that support a team to the end whatever the circumstances.”

Awwwwww, Yaya, stop! If you keep trying to convince me of your dedication to everything other than money my eyes might just well up with tears!

Seriously though, folks. If we’ve seen this ‘I’m sad/I feel disrespected/The club doesn’t love me‘ move once (see Rooney, Wayne), we’ve seen it a million times. Yaya Toure isn’t a bad dude. I like Yaya Toure. Because at the end of the day footballers are just like you and me – they want to make the most money possible.

But this whole charade of creating false drama to gain contractual leverage needs to beat it.

World football needs more Benoit Assou-Ekotto’s who just tell it like it is.

Latest Posts
  1. Antoine Griezmann bursts into the spotlight as Atletico downs Bilbao

Dec 21, 2014, 11:59 PM EST

Antoine+Griezmann+Getafe+CF+v+Club+Atletico+wVX6J_Xdokul

Antoine Griezmann breaks out with three goals in Atletico’s 4-1 result over Athletic Bilbao.

2. A day of Ronaldo: Real Madrid star erects statue of himself, thinks Real can win Champions League again

Dec 21, 2014, 10:21 PM EST

FBL-ESP-LIGA-REALMADRID-BARCELONA FBL-ESP-LIGA-REALMADRID-BARCELONA

Cristiano Ronaldo has made headlines twice today, for erecting a statue of himself and claiming Real Madrid could repeat in the Champions League.

3. WATCH: Tim Howard discusses autobiography ‘The Keeper’

Dec 21, 2014, 8:17 PM EST

tim_howard Getty Images

Tim Howard converses about his recently released autobiography, “The Keeper.”

4. Eyeing France national team call-up, AC Milan’s Jérémy Ménez keeps showing off his skills

Dec 21, 2014, 7:40 PM EST

Jeremy+Menez+qojlhLjziL0m Getty Images

Jeremy Menez has done a fantastic job as AC Milan’s primary attacker, and he’s primarily aiming for the French national team call-up.

5. Manager Ally McCoist exits Rangers, goes on gardening leave

Dec 21, 2014, 6:20 PM EST

Ally McCoist Getty Images

Ally McCoist has left Scottish Championship team Rangers, as the club has recognized the former star striker is now on “gardening leave.”

6. Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge to return from injury in January, according to manager

Dec 21, 2014, 4:55 PM EST

Manchester City Liverpool Soccer AP

According to Brendan Rogers, Liverpool’s prime attacker, Daniel Sturridge, will make his return from a multi-month injury in early January.

7. With his derby success, Adam Johnson thinks Newcastle United fans ‘must hate him’

Dec 21, 2014, 4:05 PM EST

adam_johnson AP

Sunderland winger Adam Johnson on game-winner and Tyne-Wear derby triumphs: “Three years in a row, they must hate me here!”

8. VIDEO: Poor finishing leaves Brendan Rodgers “deflated” despite late draw

Dec 21, 2014, 3:39 PM EST

Rodgers Getty Images

Brendan Rodgers gives his thoughts after a 2-2 draw despite what he called “dominance” on the ball.

9. VIDEO: Arsene Wenger regretfully admits draw with Liverpool fair

Dec 21, 2014, 3:12 PM EST

Wenger AP

With polarizing halves separating the teams, Arsene Wenger said a draw was the correct result based on performance.

10. Cristiano Ronaldo passes up Platini handshake after Ballon d’Or comments

Dec 21, 2014, 2:29 PM EST

Ronaldo Getty Images

Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to bring a grudge with him to Morocco.

11. VIDEO: Alan Pardew says he pushed Newcastle too hard late in derby loss

Dec 21, 2014, 1:44 PM EST

Pardew AP

With Newcastle yielding late, Alan Pardew thinks he may have left his team a little too exposed as the clock ticked towards the final minute.

12. Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video)

Dec 21, 2014, 1:08 PM EST

Skrtel Getty Images

Martin Skrtel returned from a nasty injury and took full advantage of the resulting stopptage time.

13. John Brooks, a week after scoring, has forgettable match in 5-0 thumping

Dec 21, 2014, 11:58 AM EST

Brooks Getty Images

A day to forget for the American central defender in Germany’s top flight.

14. Newcastle 0-1 Sunderland: Johnson sinks Newcastle again (video)

Dec 21, 2014, 10:26 AM EST

SunderlandNewcastle

The boyhood Newcastle fan scored at St. James Park for the third year in a row as Sunderland stole the Tyne-Wear derby late.

15. Watch Live: Liverpool vs Arsenal (Lineups and Live Stream)

Dec 21, 2014, 10:16 AM EST

Sterling Getty Images

Raheem Sterling looks to be the lone attacking option for Liverpool as Brendan Rodgers has left both his available strikers on the bench.

16. WATCH: Watch Lionel Messi’s silky first touch lead to a stellar goal

Dec 21, 2014, 8:52 AM EST

Messi Getty Images

A magnetizing first touch leads to a meaningless but nonetheless beautiful goal by the man who gives us magic weekly.

17. Watch Live: Newcastle vs Sunderland (Lineups and Live Stream)

Dec 21, 2014, 7:53 AM EST

PardewPoyet Getty Images

The heated Tyne-Wear derby has brought us goals and fireworks of many kinds, and will be no different today as Sunderland looks to win four in a row over Newcastle for the first time ever.

18. Tim Howard says Frank Lampard should leave Man City, start MLS season with NYCFC

Dec 20, 2014, 10:54 PM EST

FBL-ENG-PR-MAN CITY-CRYSTAL PALACE FBL-ENG-PR-MAN CITY-CRYSTAL PALACE

Howard doesn’t think Lampard will start the MLS season with NYCFC, although he says he should.

Week 17: PL Saturday recap