Apr 5, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
Yeah, it’s a PR campaign for a new uniform – you know, the garb that your favourite team seems to change minimally every year, all in the name of replica jersey sales.
But to give Chelsea credit (and that’s not a sentence anyone’s written often this season), the teaser promo for their Adidas garb is a little artistic, a little dramatic, and pretty original, in a Blue Man Group sort of way.
Check out video and images here as the Premier League club put a very literal spin on their old Blue is the Color anthem. And watch John Terry dive into a paint bath.
After the dismal season the team’s endured so far, maybe this is a good way of showing the fans that while the players don’t bleed blue, they certainly drip it.
- Men in Blazers podcast: Whiplash from QPR-Liverpool, Klinsmann-Garber, plus Josh Lambo 0
- Portland Timbers out of CONCACAF CL after loss in Honduras 0
- Tuesday’s Top 5 Champions League Goals: Which was the best? 0
- A Klinsmann Casualty? Juan Agudelo passed on by Wolverhampton 8
- Steven Gerrard admits he denied move to Real Madrid and that it may haunt him in the future 1
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar go crazy on 40-goal night 0