Apr 5, 2013, 6:45 PM EST
Yeah, it’s a PR campaign for a new uniform – you know, the garb that your favourite team seems to change minimally every year, all in the name of replica jersey sales.
But to give Chelsea credit (and that’s not a sentence anyone’s written often this season), the teaser promo for their Adidas garb is a little artistic, a little dramatic, and pretty original, in a Blue Man Group sort of way.
Check out video and images here as the Premier League club put a very literal spin on their old Blue is the Color anthem. And watch John Terry dive into a paint bath.
After the dismal season the team’s endured so far, maybe this is a good way of showing the fans that while the players don’t bleed blue, they certainly drip it.
- Klinsmann goes 3-5-2 versus Chile; Shea and Yedlin on the wings 0
- Sheffield United 2-2 Tottenham: Eriksen sees Spurs to All-London final in absolute thriller 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Lots will be drawn to determine second place in Group D 0
- Queens Park Rangers’ Canadian winger Junior Hoilett on Toronto FC, relegation battles and more 0
- English FA charge Chelsea’s Diego Costa with violent conduct after stamp, may miss Man City match 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: Talking FA Cup upsets with guests Spencer Lanning, Josh Scobee 0