Apr 5, 2013, 6:45 PM EST
Yeah, it’s a PR campaign for a new uniform – you know, the garb that your favourite team seems to change minimally every year, all in the name of replica jersey sales.
But to give Chelsea credit (and that’s not a sentence anyone’s written often this season), the teaser promo for their Adidas garb is a little artistic, a little dramatic, and pretty original, in a Blue Man Group sort of way.
Check out video and images here as the Premier League club put a very literal spin on their old Blue is the Color anthem. And watch John Terry dive into a paint bath.
After the dismal season the team’s endured so far, maybe this is a good way of showing the fans that while the players don’t bleed blue, they certainly drip it.
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City 3
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Gunners book FA Cup semifinal spot 0
- Players to Watch: Montreal Impact
- Ireland's Premier Division Season Kicks off
- Away-Goal Rule is the Novelty for this Year's MLS Playoffs
- Barrett Nails Last Minute Goal for Seattle 1-0 Victory
- Three Things: Chelsea 4-0 Spurs
- FIFA Fines Argentine Clubs for Fake Transfers
- Sunderland Boss Poyet Challenges Altidore to Prove Him Wrong
- 3 Hopes and One Fear for Montreal Impact
- Top Four Serie A Teams to Meet in Couple of Crucial Encounters
- Liverpool Eyeing Valencia Midfielder Dani Parejo