Apr 5, 2013, 6:45 PM EST
Yeah, it’s a PR campaign for a new uniform – you know, the garb that your favourite team seems to change minimally every year, all in the name of replica jersey sales.
But to give Chelsea credit (and that’s not a sentence anyone’s written often this season), the teaser promo for their Adidas garb is a little artistic, a little dramatic, and pretty original, in a Blue Man Group sort of way.
Check out video and images here as the Premier League club put a very literal spin on their old Blue is the Color anthem. And watch John Terry dive into a paint bath.
After the dismal season the team’s endured so far, maybe this is a good way of showing the fans that while the players don’t bleed blue, they certainly drip it.
- Tim Howard on his stunning display vs. Arsenal, Everton’s good form, tough draw for USA 0
- David Moyes takes “complete responsibility” for Manchester United’s shocking start 2
- Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Franck Ribery to battle it out for Ballon d’Or 1
- Kind draws could give Messi, Ronaldo head start on World Cup 2014′s Golden Boot 2
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (33)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (19)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)