Apr 5, 2013, 6:45 PM EDT
Yeah, it’s a PR campaign for a new uniform – you know, the garb that your favourite team seems to change minimally every year, all in the name of replica jersey sales.
But to give Chelsea credit (and that’s not a sentence anyone’s written often this season), the teaser promo for their Adidas garb is a little artistic, a little dramatic, and pretty original, in a Blue Man Group sort of way.
Check out video and images here as the Premier League club put a very literal spin on their old Blue is the Color anthem. And watch John Terry dive into a paint bath.
After the dismal season the team’s endured so far, maybe this is a good way of showing the fans that while the players don’t bleed blue, they certainly drip it.
- New York City FC to announce “major signing” on Thursday… Frank Lampard? 0
- PHOTOS: What if your college was a professional soccer team? They could look like this 5
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 1
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 3
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 3
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 4