Apr 6, 2013, 8:33 PM EDT
Columbus might have a little something going this year. Might.
The goalkeeping and defense are strong. The midfield is improved. And with esteemed playmaker Federico Highlights mentoring some impressive young talent around him, there’s quite a bit to like about the men in yellow.
On the other hand, draws at home just aren’t going to get it done.
Last week’s swell road win over D.C. United would stand a lot taller today if it weren’t sandwiched around ties in Ohio, one to an injury depleted San Jose and another one to a very young (although quite feisty) Philadelphia side.
Robert Warzycha’s Crew needed to rally for a second half equalizer for Saturday’s 1-1 draw with the Union at Crew Stadium.
Dominic Oduro supplied the Crew’s second-half equalizer, making Columbus manager Robert Warzycha look good for one somewhat surprising lineup choice. Costa Rican international Jairo Arrieta was available again following international duty in his country’s efforts to book passage into Brazil 2014. But Oduro got the start at striker in the Crew’s 4-2-3-1.
Arrieta did come on at halftime, with Oduro shuttled out to the right wing.
Here is the complete highlight package from Saturday’s contest at Crew Stadium:
- WATCH: Premier League live online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 34 0
- Watch Live: Southampton vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League Preview: West Bromwich Albion vs. Liverpool 0
- SportsWorld: Jose Fonte talks playing with Ronaldo, shares thoughts on MLS 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Time for the underdogs to shine 0
- WATCH: NBC Sports’ Premier League TV schedule – Week 34 0