Apr 8, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
At 35 years old Didier Drogba continues to score freakish goals.
Check out this incredible parabola-shaped lob that the Galatasaray striker scored against Mersin Idmanyurdu on Saturday. Gala midfielder Sabri Sarioglu rips in a cross that, at first blush, looks like it may have taken a deflection off Drogba’s leg. But a closer look reveals that the Ivorian striker definitely intended to put the shot on goal. Totally bananas.
The former Chelsea player’s golazo helped guide Fatih Terim’s club to a 3-1 victory in Istanbul ensuring they stay atop the Turkish Super Lig, two points clear of 2nd place Fenerbahce.
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund roll 0
- Three things we learned as Real Madrid rout Liverpool 0
- Arsenal’s Podolski, Gibbs break Belgian hearts in left-for-late win 0