Apr 8, 2013, 12:47 PM EDT
At 35 years old Didier Drogba continues to score freakish goals.
Check out this incredible parabola-shaped lob that the Galatasaray striker scored against Mersin Idmanyurdu on Saturday. Gala midfielder Sabri Sarioglu rips in a cross that, at first blush, looks like it may have taken a deflection off Drogba’s leg. But a closer look reveals that the Ivorian striker definitely intended to put the shot on goal. Totally bananas.
The former Chelsea player’s golazo helped guide Fatih Terim’s club to a 3-1 victory in Istanbul ensuring they stay atop the Turkish Super Lig, two points clear of 2nd place Fenerbahce.
- Preview: Early cycle friendly shelves normal questions for U.S. national team’s return 1
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – The faith-destroying edition 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 6
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 1
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 14