Apr 8, 2013, 12:47 PM EST
At 35 years old Didier Drogba continues to score freakish goals.
Check out this incredible parabola-shaped lob that the Galatasaray striker scored against Mersin Idmanyurdu on Saturday. Gala midfielder Sabri Sarioglu rips in a cross that, at first blush, looks like it may have taken a deflection off Drogba’s leg. But a closer look reveals that the Ivorian striker definitely intended to put the shot on goal. Totally bananas.
The former Chelsea player’s golazo helped guide Fatih Terim’s club to a 3-1 victory in Istanbul ensuring they stay atop the Turkish Super Lig, two points clear of 2nd place Fenerbahce.
- Italy head coach Antonio Conte supports Sebastian Giovinco’s move to MLS 3
- USMNT U-20s defeat El Salvador, 2-0, qualify for 2015 U-20 World Cup 0
- Jurgen Klinsmann names 23-man roster for USMNT friendlies vs. Chile, Panama 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Ivory Coast, Cameroon in 1-1 draws as Group D up for grabs 0
- Mourinho on loss: “Me and the players must feel ashamed” 0
- FA Cup roundup: Top-three Premier League teams all eliminated at home 1