Apr 8, 2013, 12:47 PM EST
At 35 years old Didier Drogba continues to score freakish goals.
Check out this incredible parabola-shaped lob that the Galatasaray striker scored against Mersin Idmanyurdu on Saturday. Gala midfielder Sabri Sarioglu rips in a cross that, at first blush, looks like it may have taken a deflection off Drogba’s leg. But a closer look reveals that the Ivorian striker definitely intended to put the shot on goal. Totally bananas.
The former Chelsea player’s golazo helped guide Fatih Terim’s club to a 3-1 victory in Istanbul ensuring they stay atop the Turkish Super Lig, two points clear of 2nd place Fenerbahce.
- Americans Abroad Preview: European-based Americans back in action 0
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 3
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 4
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 29 0
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire