Apr 8, 2013, 12:47 PM EST
At 35 years old Didier Drogba continues to score freakish goals.
Check out this incredible parabola-shaped lob that the Galatasaray striker scored against Mersin Idmanyurdu on Saturday. Gala midfielder Sabri Sarioglu rips in a cross that, at first blush, looks like it may have taken a deflection off Drogba’s leg. But a closer look reveals that the Ivorian striker definitely intended to put the shot on goal. Totally bananas.
The former Chelsea player’s golazo helped guide Fatih Terim’s club to a 3-1 victory in Istanbul ensuring they stay atop the Turkish Super Lig, two points clear of 2nd place Fenerbahce.
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (21)
- Sporting Kansas City crowned 2013 MLS champions after 10 rounds of penalty kicks (15)
- Brazil 2014: A Look At South America
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit