Apr 9, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
A match at Borussia Dortmund’s Westfalenstadion truly is an amazing experience. The fans in working class Dortmund are as passionate and knowledgeable as any you’ll find. They. Rock. The. Place.
And they sure know their tifo, too.
Check out this bit of greatness as the Malaga and home team players took the field before today’s Champions League contest. An opening like this sure deserves a fantastic finish; man, oh, man, did Jürgen Klopp’s team deliver.
(By the way, the stands you see are steep as a fence with just a little bit of lean. It’s more “wall” than “inclined seating.” It’s intimidating as it is, never mind some crazy looking giant emerging straight out of the ground.)
- Real Salt Lake’s 2013: The not-so-rebuilding year that could end in an MLS title 0
- MLS Cup 2000 flashback: Molnar, Meola the heroes for Kansas City – video 0
- Premier League Roundup: Moyes defeated in Everton reunion; top five snag wins 0
- David Moyes bemoans bad luck as former side Everton come back to haunt him 1
- West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Manchester City: Citizens address road worries with convincing performance at The Hawthorns 0
- Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Blues grab crucial away win as Hazard dazzles (video) 0
- Arsenal 2-0 Hull City: Bendtner and Ozil keep Gunners top (video) 0
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw 17
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- USA drop one spot to 14th in latest FIFA World Rankings, Portugal surge to fifth (19)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (18)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (17)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (14)