Apr 13, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
LA Galaxy manager Bruce Arena was not a bit talkative after his team fell on a late FC Dallas goal.
His answers to reporters were short. And mostly to the point.
He didn’t like the call that put his team a man down for almost 30 minutes.
He wants his team to be smarter about the way it sees out the final minutes in matches where points are there for the taking. He wasn’t any more specific.
And about Landon Donovan, who went a full 90 minutes for the second time in four nights (which is impressive, regardless of whether he did or didn’t play well)? Arena said the Galaxy attacker can and surely will play better.
And then he said thanks and goodnight.
Dallas’ George John hit the late game-winner – then got hit by an aluminum beer can thrown by his own fans! More on this later … John was in good humor about an incident that certainly could have turned out worse than it did. For now, the highlights, courtesy NBC Sports Network, as the home team kept top spot in the MLS Western Conference.
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 0
- Agent: Sterling wouldn’t sign new Liverpool deal, even for $1.4 million a week 6
- Leicester, QPR, Burnley players earn England call-ups for June matches 2
- US Open Cup second round wrap: Several USL sides clipped by “minnows” 1
- Mats Hummels rejects Manchester United move, will stay at Dortmund 5
- Wayne Rooney on Manchester United’s season: We have met our main goals 1