Apr 13, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
LA Galaxy manager Bruce Arena was not a bit talkative after his team fell on a late FC Dallas goal.
His answers to reporters were short. And mostly to the point.
He didn’t like the call that put his team a man down for almost 30 minutes.
He wants his team to be smarter about the way it sees out the final minutes in matches where points are there for the taking. He wasn’t any more specific.
And about Landon Donovan, who went a full 90 minutes for the second time in four nights (which is impressive, regardless of whether he did or didn’t play well)? Arena said the Galaxy attacker can and surely will play better.
And then he said thanks and goodnight.
Dallas’ George John hit the late game-winner – then got hit by an aluminum beer can thrown by his own fans! More on this later … John was in good humor about an incident that certainly could have turned out worse than it did. For now, the highlights, courtesy NBC Sports Network, as the home team kept top spot in the MLS Western Conference.
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 2
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4
- Three things we learned from the USA’s late defeat vs. Denmark 6