Apr 13, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
LA Galaxy manager Bruce Arena was not a bit talkative after his team fell on a late FC Dallas goal.
His answers to reporters were short. And mostly to the point.
He didn’t like the call that put his team a man down for almost 30 minutes.
He wants his team to be smarter about the way it sees out the final minutes in matches where points are there for the taking. He wasn’t any more specific.
And about Landon Donovan, who went a full 90 minutes for the second time in four nights (which is impressive, regardless of whether he did or didn’t play well)? Arena said the Galaxy attacker can and surely will play better.
And then he said thanks and goodnight.
Dallas’ George John hit the late game-winner – then got hit by an aluminum beer can thrown by his own fans! More on this later … John was in good humor about an incident that certainly could have turned out worse than it did. For now, the highlights, courtesy NBC Sports Network, as the home team kept top spot in the MLS Western Conference.
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 0
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 6
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad
- Sounders FC Monday Morning Breakdown
- Maidana Stars in Impressive Philly Newbie Trio
- Barnsley Send Brek Shea Back to Stoke after Fight with Fan
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs