Apr 13, 2013, 11:35 AM EDT
Who knew that snowy conditions would become such a recurring narrative in North American soccer?
A big talker in the playoffs last November was D.C. United’s postponed visit to Red Bull Arena, where kickoff was pushed back 24 hours – never mind the best efforts of commish Don Garber and an overmatched crew of willing snow shovels. (Snow plow, guys. Snow plow!)
Last month came the Snow Clasico outside Denver, surely to stand the test of time as one this country’s most unforgettable soccer moments. (We like to throw in another fluffy white picture of DSG Park from that night every chance we get; can you blame us?)
Now this. We warned you yesterday that wintry nastiness was en route to Quebec, where the Montreal Impact was hosting Columbus
Well, snow it did. A lot. So Major League Soccer announced this morning that today’s Crew-Impact match would be rescheduled for noon (ET) Sunday at Stade Saputo.
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 8: Columbus Crew SC’s Ethan Finlay 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 8 0
- Not even allowed an appeal: CONCACAF confirms Bush suspension for Champions League final 2
- Premier League Playback: Chelsea brilliant, not boring, as title inches closer 0
- MLS official squashes rumor of emergency intra-MLS goalkeeper loan for CONCACAF Champions League final 11
- VIDEO: Premier League Player of the Week — Round 34 0