Apr 13, 2013, 9:04 PM EDT
It’s halftime at LA Galaxy-Dallas; the teams are scoreless on the NBC Sports Network’s Saturday night offering.
But let’s take a quick second to mention a continuing failure of Major League Soccer officiating:
(For the record, the quality is slowly improving. I know it’s not always 100 percent apparent, but I truly believe it to be true. That said … )
Persistent infringement is one area MLS officials seem unable to corral. Really, it’s just an awareness thing.
LA Galaxy midfielder Marcelo Sarvas has five fouls at the break. Five! That’s enough for a persistent infringement booking over 90 minutes, much less before intermission.
And yet, Baldomero Toledo has seen no reason to book the Galaxy midfielder. Only he could explain why.
- Arsenal confirm $27 million signing of Calum Chambers 0
- Manchester City host #AskJesus (Navas) Twitter chat, hilarious comments ensue 0
- VIDEO: Mario Balotelli takes amazing selfie with two pitch invaders 0
- Teams confirm Dejan Lovren completes transfer from Southampton to Liverpool 0
- Loïc Rémy fails medical, move to Liverpool is off 5
- Ángel Di María approaching Paris Saint-Germain move 1