Apr 14, 2013, 3:29 PM EDT
NBC lead soccer voice Arlo White had the big LA Galaxy news last night, relaying a conversation with the MLS Cup champion manager from Friday night.
During their conversations ahead of Saturday’s FC Dallas-Galaxy match in Texas, LA manager Bruce Arena said the Galaxy’s third Designated Player was more or less decided.
This has been a big talker around MLS since David Beckham announced he would not return to MLS this year, finishing his stay in Southern California that began in the middle of the 2007 season.
So … Chelsea’s Frank Lampard? He’s been frequent stop on the Galaxy DP rumor-go-round. So has Real Madrid’s Kaka. Arena isn’t saying just yet … but he does allow that it won’t be long before we all know.
What White said during the second half of last night’s broadcast on NBC Sports Network:
Really interesting talking to Bruce Arena yesterday. Asked him about the possibility and timeframe of a Designated Player … and he said it should be finalized in the next couple of weeks. Perhaps early May.
“We couldn’t get any more information out of him. … He said it’s down to one. And I asked him have both parties agreed and he said, ‘I know one of us has.’ So they’re waiting for the word.”
- Done Deals: De Bruyne joins Manchester City in busy day for Wolfsburg 0
- USMNT releases 23-man roster for September friendlies 0
- Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United: Swans comeback stuns Red Devils 3
- Sunday Transfer Rumor Roundup: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Wanyama to leave Saints 1
- Manchester City officially signs Kevin de Bruyne 1
- Watch Live: Swansea City vs Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0