Apr 15, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Several members of the Boston Breakers women’s professional team were attending the Boston Marathon today but have reported that they are safe and unharmed.
U.S. national team members Sydney Leroux, Heather O’Reilly and Cat Whitehill were among the Breakers attending Monday’s annual race, but all have reported via Twitter being safe.
Whitehill wrote on her feed that she had been at the finish line but walked about a mile down the course to meet up with friends before the pair of confirmed blasts.
Breakers Australian striker Kyah Simon is safe and uninjured according to her former team, Sydney FC, which sent the alert via Twitter.
The New England Revolution’s official Twitter feed sent thoughts and prayers for Monday’s events but did not indicate if any of its players had been involved either officially or unofficially.
- Jose Mourinho, once again, wins tactical battle against Arsene Wenger 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal vs. Chelsea 8
- Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea: Organized Blues defending effectively ends title race 0
- Who were the biggest snubs in PFA’s Premier League Team of the Season selections? 4
- PFA Team of the Year announced: 6 Blues lead the way 0
- VIDEO: Premier League Sunday preview – Arsenal vs. Chelsea, Everton vs. Manchester United 0