Apr 15, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Several members of the Boston Breakers women’s professional team were attending the Boston Marathon today but have reported that they are safe and unharmed.
U.S. national team members Sydney Leroux, Heather O’Reilly and Cat Whitehill were among the Breakers attending Monday’s annual race, but all have reported via Twitter being safe.
Whitehill wrote on her feed that she had been at the finish line but walked about a mile down the course to meet up with friends before the pair of confirmed blasts.
Breakers Australian striker Kyah Simon is safe and uninjured according to her former team, Sydney FC, which sent the alert via Twitter.
The New England Revolution’s official Twitter feed sent thoughts and prayers for Monday’s events but did not indicate if any of its players had been involved either officially or unofficially.
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0
- Report: It will be Colombia – not Croatia – for USMNT in November 0
- WATCH: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 2
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0