Apr 15, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Several members of the Boston Breakers women’s professional team were attending the Boston Marathon today but have reported that they are safe and unharmed.
U.S. national team members Sydney Leroux, Heather O’Reilly and Cat Whitehill were among the Breakers attending Monday’s annual race, but all have reported via Twitter being safe.
Whitehill wrote on her feed that she had been at the finish line but walked about a mile down the course to meet up with friends before the pair of confirmed blasts.
Breakers Australian striker Kyah Simon is safe and uninjured according to her former team, Sydney FC, which sent the alert via Twitter.
The New England Revolution’s official Twitter feed sent thoughts and prayers for Monday’s events but did not indicate if any of its players had been involved either officially or unofficially.
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 2
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 3
- Moyes statement on dismissal; Reports say he was recruiting to the end 4
- Head coach Marc Wilmots says Adnan Januzaj will play for Belgium 2
- Who’s in across Europe? Glancing at the 2014/15 UEFA Champions League 1