Apr 18, 2013, 11:40 AM EST
Manchester City assistant coach Brian Kidd has heaped praise on coach Roberto Mancini, say he’s done magnificent job in charge of the club.
Mancini took the City job in late 2009 after taking over from Mark Hughes, and in his three and a half years at the club he has delivered the FA Cup in 2011 and, memorably, the Premier League title last season.
Kidd told BBC Radio Manchester that he has nothing but praise for what the 48-year-old Italian has achieved at the club since day one.
“What he’s done in just short of four years has been fantastic,” he said.
“The boss has been terrific in the way he’s adapted to the Premier League and the success he’s brought to Manchester City. He’s put silverware on the sideboard.
“Every manager has different styles and different ways and he’s not dissimilar to [Manchester United manager] Sir Alex Ferguson. He’s not afraid to make big decisions, he’s passionate and he can handle big players,” Kidd added.
There has been much speculation in recent months about Mancini’s future, with some suggesting that his time in charge at The Etihad could come to an end this summer, after a very disappointing defence of their league title. Coaches such as Jose Mourinho, Jurgen Klopp and Manuel Pelligrini have all been linked with taking over in place of Mancini.
They face Wigan in the FA Cup final next month, and if he wins that then it is likely he will remain with City beyond the summer.
- UEFA Champions League Preview: Manchester United, Bayern Munich look to finish group stage on top 0
- Some very interesting names now available through Major League Soccer’s re-entry process 0
- Premier League Playback: Everton in the mix, miserable Mourinho, basement boys battling 0
- United States national team 2014 friendlies coming into view 4
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (34)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (20)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit
- Fernanda Lima Raises the Bar For World Cup 2014