Apr 18, 2013, 11:40 AM EST
Manchester City assistant coach Brian Kidd has heaped praise on coach Roberto Mancini, say he’s done magnificent job in charge of the club.
Mancini took the City job in late 2009 after taking over from Mark Hughes, and in his three and a half years at the club he has delivered the FA Cup in 2011 and, memorably, the Premier League title last season.
Kidd told BBC Radio Manchester that he has nothing but praise for what the 48-year-old Italian has achieved at the club since day one.
“What he’s done in just short of four years has been fantastic,” he said.
“The boss has been terrific in the way he’s adapted to the Premier League and the success he’s brought to Manchester City. He’s put silverware on the sideboard.
“Every manager has different styles and different ways and he’s not dissimilar to [Manchester United manager] Sir Alex Ferguson. He’s not afraid to make big decisions, he’s passionate and he can handle big players,” Kidd added.
There has been much speculation in recent months about Mancini’s future, with some suggesting that his time in charge at The Etihad could come to an end this summer, after a very disappointing defence of their league title. Coaches such as Jose Mourinho, Jurgen Klopp and Manuel Pelligrini have all been linked with taking over in place of Mancini.
They face Wigan in the FA Cup final next month, and if he wins that then it is likely he will remain with City beyond the summer.
- PST Extra: Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Ranking the candidates for MLS’s next two expansion teams (after Don Garber’s Tuesday Q-and-A) 4
- MLS Season Preview: Ranking the top 10 midfielders 0
- U.S. Soccer confirms three-game send-off series ahead of 2014 World Cup 3
- Revs Notebook: Targeting Strikers, Imbongo's Reds & Fagundez's Left Foot
- Chicago Fire Players to Watch for in 2014
- FC Dallas Unveil 2014 Home Kit
- Eddie Johnson's Bumpy Road to Designated Player Status
- Adidas & Nike Unveil Hybrid Cleats to Change Soccer Forever
- Preview: Sporting KC at Seattle Sounders FC
- Chelsea Face Stiff Test When Tottenham Visit the Bridge
- Egyptian Player Banned for Using 'Sisi' Sign
- Houston Dynamo Players to Watch During the 2014 MLS Season
- Vancouver Whitecaps: Players to Watch During the 2014 MLS Season