Apr 19, 2013, 3:47 PM EDT
This little bit worked once before, previously with Hollywood lovely Mila Kunis. So nervous radio man and Watford FC lover Chris Stark clearly thought, “Not bad. Let’s do this again!”
This time’s potential Watford FC recruit is actor A-lister Robert Downey Jr.
And this time Radio 1 DJ Chris Stark was a little more prepared. As opposed to last time when he could only talk about offering Kunis a Hornets jersey from Watford FC, this time Stark actually had one to offer the Hollywood leading man.
Watford, a small club not far outside London, competes in England’s Championship, the country’s second tier. Watford is also the club where former U.S. international Jay DeMerit gained his English soccer chops.
Downey Jr. wasn’t quite as playful about the whole thing, but he did play along. The most brilliant moment of the interview: If you listen right up the very end, you can hear Downey Jr. ask Stark, “Dude, where’s Watford?”
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 0
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 0
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 3
- Sporting Club announces plans for $75 million “soccer village” for US Soccer National Training Center 11
- “Embarrassed” in LA, thrilled in Manchester: Reactions to 7-0 beatdown 28