Apr 19, 2013, 3:47 PM EDT
This little bit worked once before, previously with Hollywood lovely Mila Kunis. So nervous radio man and Watford FC lover Chris Stark clearly thought, “Not bad. Let’s do this again!”
This time’s potential Watford FC recruit is actor A-lister Robert Downey Jr.
And this time Radio 1 DJ Chris Stark was a little more prepared. As opposed to last time when he could only talk about offering Kunis a Hornets jersey from Watford FC, this time Stark actually had one to offer the Hollywood leading man.
Watford, a small club not far outside London, competes in England’s Championship, the country’s second tier. Watford is also the club where former U.S. international Jay DeMerit gained his English soccer chops.
Downey Jr. wasn’t quite as playful about the whole thing, but he did play along. The most brilliant moment of the interview: If you listen right up the very end, you can hear Downey Jr. ask Stark, “Dude, where’s Watford?”
- Premier League Sunday preview: Manchester United vs. Chelsea headlines 0
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 2
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 3
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 2