Apr 19, 2013, 3:47 PM EDT
This little bit worked once before, previously with Hollywood lovely Mila Kunis. So nervous radio man and Watford FC lover Chris Stark clearly thought, “Not bad. Let’s do this again!”
This time’s potential Watford FC recruit is actor A-lister Robert Downey Jr.
And this time Radio 1 DJ Chris Stark was a little more prepared. As opposed to last time when he could only talk about offering Kunis a Hornets jersey from Watford FC, this time Stark actually had one to offer the Hollywood leading man.
Watford, a small club not far outside London, competes in England’s Championship, the country’s second tier. Watford is also the club where former U.S. international Jay DeMerit gained his English soccer chops.
Downey Jr. wasn’t quite as playful about the whole thing, but he did play along. The most brilliant moment of the interview: If you listen right up the very end, you can hear Downey Jr. ask Stark, “Dude, where’s Watford?”
- Premier League Title Watch: Liverpool inches closer 0
- Premier League Preview: Manchester City v. West Brom 0
- Quick Six: Liverpool inches closer, Moyes’ reception, and the rest of the headlines from the BPL weekend 0
- WATCH: Blackpool coach sent off after hitting own player in face 0
- Report: Majority of Mexico’s World Cup roster slots are set 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Bedoya buries one, Boyd bags brace 1