Apr 19, 2013, 3:47 PM EDT
This little bit worked once before, previously with Hollywood lovely Mila Kunis. So nervous radio man and Watford FC lover Chris Stark clearly thought, “Not bad. Let’s do this again!”
This time’s potential Watford FC recruit is actor A-lister Robert Downey Jr.
And this time Radio 1 DJ Chris Stark was a little more prepared. As opposed to last time when he could only talk about offering Kunis a Hornets jersey from Watford FC, this time Stark actually had one to offer the Hollywood leading man.
Watford, a small club not far outside London, competes in England’s Championship, the country’s second tier. Watford is also the club where former U.S. international Jay DeMerit gained his English soccer chops.
Downey Jr. wasn’t quite as playful about the whole thing, but he did play along. The most brilliant moment of the interview: If you listen right up the very end, you can hear Downey Jr. ask Stark, “Dude, where’s Watford?”
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 3