Apr 19, 2013, 4:40 PM EST
One of the Boston area’s professional soccer teams made it out of the area despite the travel entanglements due to ongoing law enforcement concerns – but another one got stuck.
We told you earlier how Major League Soccer’s New England Revolution was able to get out just before everything was locked down.
But the Boston Breaker’s National Women’s Soccer League contest set for tomorrow in Kansas City will need rescheduling, the league announced Friday afternoon.
The match was set for Shawnee Mission District Stadium in Overland Park, Kansas, just outside Kansas City.
Said NWSL Executive Director Cheryl Bailey: “Due to increased security measures that have impacted travel from the area, we have made the decision to reschedule this weekend’s game between Kansas City and the Breakers. We believe the best course of action would be to allow the Boston staff and players to remain home during this difficult time.”
The Breakers drew with the Washington Spirit last week in the club’s debut NWSL contest.
- Top Five storylines for Week 13 of the Premier League 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0
- Premier League Preview: Manchester United vs. Hull City 0
- Sure there’s “interest throughout Europe”, but where is the best spot for Jozy Altidore? 1
- Pick just three?!? FIFPro World XI midfielder shortlist is Juve-heavy, really good 0
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0