Apr 19, 2013, 4:40 PM EDT
One of the Boston area’s professional soccer teams made it out of the area despite the travel entanglements due to ongoing law enforcement concerns – but another one got stuck.
We told you earlier how Major League Soccer’s New England Revolution was able to get out just before everything was locked down.
But the Boston Breaker’s National Women’s Soccer League contest set for tomorrow in Kansas City will need rescheduling, the league announced Friday afternoon.
The match was set for Shawnee Mission District Stadium in Overland Park, Kansas, just outside Kansas City.
Said NWSL Executive Director Cheryl Bailey: “Due to increased security measures that have impacted travel from the area, we have made the decision to reschedule this weekend’s game between Kansas City and the Breakers. We believe the best course of action would be to allow the Boston staff and players to remain home during this difficult time.”
The Breakers drew with the Washington Spirit last week in the club’s debut NWSL contest.
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 0
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Americans Abroad Review: Boyd and Johannsson shine again 1
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear