Apr 21, 2013, 9:17 PM EST
The upside for D.C. United is that Lionard Pajoy scored for the second time this year. And that provided a big boost to an offense that doubled its goal total coming into the match.
The downside for D.C. United: everything else.
A defense that previously was fairly reliable in 2013 was shredded with regularity. The result was a 3-2 loss at home, United’s third loss in a row at RFK Stadium.
For Philadelphia, get ready for even more Jack McInerney talk. More than this.
And going even further back, this. (You have to check the comments on that one.)
McInerney is the league’s leading scorer at just 20 years old with six goals. He struck two on Sunday as Philadelphia went above .500 with the win – and as hapless D.C. United found a little more to be hapless about.
Highlights of Sunday’s match, including two big goals for “Jack Mac,” a young man we’ll be talking much more about. Or did I already mention that?
- Wondering where this match-fixing business will land? 1
- Manchester City advance, Chelsea bounced in League Cup 0
- Eddie Johnson to D.C. is happening: What this means for Seattle, United 5
- Stuart Holden returns to Bolton but still has a long way to go 2
- Jack Wilshere retrospectively charged for flipping the bird 1
- Cardiff City Unraveling: Malky Mackay told he won’t get a penny 2
- Voting on the U.S. national team all-time Best XI (19)
- U.S. national team discussion: The Alejandro Bedoya conundrum (18)
- Shouldn’t Peter Vermes be in the future U.S. national team coaching discussions? (17)
- NYCFC’s new stadium could be neighbor to Yankee Stadium (12)
- Tottenham is using blood spinning treatment on its players, and nobody seems to know if it’s doping (12)
- Germany Building Training Facility in Brazil
- Spain Thinking of US Camp Before World Cup
- Don't count out Chile in WC Group B
- Kicking it Off with a Final
- VIDEO: Visa World Cup Promo
- Aurelien Collin: I Think France is Very Very Happy
- Klinsmann Shouldn't Have Been Re-signed Before WC
- You Can't Beat German Sachlichkeit
- Giovani: "We Were Over Criticized"
- Watch Out Netherlands! Chile-Clan Ain't Nothin' to Mess With!