Apr 21, 2013, 9:17 PM EDT
The upside for D.C. United is that Lionard Pajoy scored for the second time this year. And that provided a big boost to an offense that doubled its goal total coming into the match.
The downside for D.C. United: everything else.
A defense that previously was fairly reliable in 2013 was shredded with regularity. The result was a 3-2 loss at home, United’s third loss in a row at RFK Stadium.
For Philadelphia, get ready for even more Jack McInerney talk. More than this.
And going even further back, this. (You have to check the comments on that one.)
McInerney is the league’s leading scorer at just 20 years old with six goals. He struck two on Sunday as Philadelphia went above .500 with the win – and as hapless D.C. United found a little more to be hapless about.
Highlights of Sunday’s match, including two big goals for “Jack Mac,” a young man we’ll be talking much more about. Or did I already mention that?
- VIDEO: Chelsea’s Eden Hazard dances around Barcelona to score magical goal 0
- Chelsea 2-2 Barcelona: Good-looking goals to spare in Maryland (video) 2
- Official: Miguel Herrera fired by Mexico days after Gold Cup win, alleged attack on journalist 14
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Benzema to Arsenal, Berahino to Tottenham 5
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 1
- Russian president Vladimir Putin believes Sepp Blatter deserves Nobel Prize 6