Apr 21, 2013, 9:17 PM EDT
The upside for D.C. United is that Lionard Pajoy scored for the second time this year. And that provided a big boost to an offense that doubled its goal total coming into the match.
The downside for D.C. United: everything else.
A defense that previously was fairly reliable in 2013 was shredded with regularity. The result was a 3-2 loss at home, United’s third loss in a row at RFK Stadium.
For Philadelphia, get ready for even more Jack McInerney talk. More than this.
And going even further back, this. (You have to check the comments on that one.)
McInerney is the league’s leading scorer at just 20 years old with six goals. He struck two on Sunday as Philadelphia went above .500 with the win – and as hapless D.C. United found a little more to be hapless about.
Highlights of Sunday’s match, including two big goals for “Jack Mac,” a young man we’ll be talking much more about. Or did I already mention that?
- Chile 0-0 (4-1 PKs) Argentina: Chile’s first Copa America title in 99-year history (video) 1
- Lloyd, Brian prove crucial to United States’ turnaround at Women’s World Cup 1
- Report: Robin van Persie agrees to personal terms with Fenerbahce 3
- Copa America Final preview: Argentina looks for first title since 1993 against hosts Chile 0
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: KPB to Orlando City, Liverpool in for Brazilian teen 4
- Klinsmann on USMNT’s win over Guatemala: “I’m not happy with that performance” 3