Apr 21, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
First, we told you that D.C. United needed a Jack McInerney. The young U.S. striker just keeps scoring, doing so again early on Sunday in Washington, D.C.
D.C. United is in trouble. Big trouble. Down at the break, 3-1.
Of course, what Ben Olsen’s team also needs is for his defenders not to freakin’ run into each other!
Things are going from bad to worse around RFK Stadium. While the offense has been nothing short of awful, the Black and Red defense hasn’t been too bad. Check that – had not been too bad.
Watch the goal below, McInerney’s fifth this year (and his first of two Sunday, good enough to share the league lead.) It’s just Benny Hill skit back there – that is a series of wobbles and mayhem and fellows falling down.
It starts with United center back Dejan Jakovic, unhurried or unchallenged, giving away a ball in midfield. Brandon McDonald is way too slow about getting even with his fellow defenders, which leaves McInerney in free on Conor Casey’s wise, early through ball.
When Jakovic and McDonald catch up to McInerney … they run into one another.
The young Union striker calmly places his shot past ‘keeper Bill Hamid for the first of two early Union goals.
Here ‘’tis! Turn and look away D.C. United fans.
- USMNT releases 23-man roster for September friendlies 0
- Swansea City 2-1 Manchester United: Swans comeback stuns Red Devils 3
- Sunday Transfer Rumor Roundup: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Wanyama to leave Saints 1
- Manchester City officially signs Kevin de Bruyne 1
- Watch Live: Swansea City vs Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man United looking for revenge vs. Swansea City 1