Apr 21, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
Landon Donovan still doesn’t quite seem to be the “full Donovan,” but he’s getting closer.
What remains missing is a failed connection here or there, or a little moment of indecision that we never saw when the U.S. national team and LA Galaxy’s all-time leading scorer is at his best. And Donovan’s fitness will continue to improve.
But, again, he’s getting closer – as evidenced by a goal and assist in the champs’ important win late Saturday over Sporting Kansas City.
“We’re getting there,” he said about his latest Galaxy start. “I felt confident. I felt comfortable. Finally, the game is slowing down for me, and it was nice to get a good win.”
Donovan talks here to NBC’s Russ Thaler and Kyle Martino:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top (video) 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes