Apr 21, 2013, 9:55 AM EST
Landon Donovan still doesn’t quite seem to be the “full Donovan,” but he’s getting closer.
What remains missing is a failed connection here or there, or a little moment of indecision that we never saw when the U.S. national team and LA Galaxy’s all-time leading scorer is at his best. And Donovan’s fitness will continue to improve.
But, again, he’s getting closer – as evidenced by a goal and assist in the champs’ important win late Saturday over Sporting Kansas City.
“We’re getting there,” he said about his latest Galaxy start. “I felt confident. I felt comfortable. Finally, the game is slowing down for me, and it was nice to get a good win.”
Donovan talks here to NBC’s Russ Thaler and Kyle Martino:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Some very interesting names now available through Major League Soccer’s re-entry process 0
- Premier League Playback: Everton in the mix, miserable Mourinho, basement boys battling 0
- United States national team 2014 friendlies coming into view 2
- Swansea 1-1 Hull: Danny Graham breaks his long scoring drought for the visitors (video) 0
- 2014 World Cup Draw: Recapping the event (43)
- 2014 World Cup Draw: USA in Group of Death with Germany, Portugal, Ghana – Schedule, times, venues (33)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (23)
- Now that we know the U.S. opponents, which 23 players should Jurgen Klinsmann bring to Brazil? (19)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (17)
- Arena de Amazonia: Host of USA vs CR7
- USA Will Advance in Brazil
- Group B: No Walk In The Park
- Analyzing The Draw From An Azzurri Viewpoint
- Q&A With Alvaro Saborio
- Ronaldo: "I Didn't See the Draw, I Was Asleep"
- Messi: "There Are no Easy Opponents"
- England Are up in The Amazon Without a Paddle
- Mexico's World Cup Kit
- Fernanda Lima Raises the Bar For World Cup 2014