Apr 21, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
Landon Donovan still doesn’t quite seem to be the “full Donovan,” but he’s getting closer.
What remains missing is a failed connection here or there, or a little moment of indecision that we never saw when the U.S. national team and LA Galaxy’s all-time leading scorer is at his best. And Donovan’s fitness will continue to improve.
But, again, he’s getting closer – as evidenced by a goal and assist in the champs’ important win late Saturday over Sporting Kansas City.
“We’re getting there,” he said about his latest Galaxy start. “I felt confident. I felt comfortable. Finally, the game is slowing down for me, and it was nice to get a good win.”
Donovan talks here to NBC’s Russ Thaler and Kyle Martino:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 2
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 1
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2