Apr 21, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
Landon Donovan still doesn’t quite seem to be the “full Donovan,” but he’s getting closer.
What remains missing is a failed connection here or there, or a little moment of indecision that we never saw when the U.S. national team and LA Galaxy’s all-time leading scorer is at his best. And Donovan’s fitness will continue to improve.
But, again, he’s getting closer – as evidenced by a goal and assist in the champs’ important win late Saturday over Sporting Kansas City.
“We’re getting there,” he said about his latest Galaxy start. “I felt confident. I felt comfortable. Finally, the game is slowing down for me, and it was nice to get a good win.”
Donovan talks here to NBC’s Russ Thaler and Kyle Martino:
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Tuesday’s Top 5 Champions League Goals: Which was the best? 0
- A Klinsmann Casualty? Juan Agudelo passed on by Wolverhampton 3
- Steven Gerrard admits he denied move to Real Madrid and that it may haunt him in the future 1
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar go crazy on 40-goal night 0
- Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Hazard brace keeps Blues atop Group G 0
- AS Roma 1-7 Bayern Munich: Sublime Bayern smash Roma to go five points clear in Group E 1