Apr 24, 2013, 7:00 AM EDT
Luis Suaréz’s FA hearing is set for today as the Uruguayan striker will find out how long the FA will ban him for, after he bit Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic in Sunday’s 2-2 draw.
Liverpool’s leading scorer accepted a violent conduct charge from the FA yesterday but denied that he should be banned more than three games. So the English FA have been forced into a further hearing later today that will decide the length of Suaréz’s ban.
The verdict will be made by an Independent Regulatory Commission — a three-person board that consists of a former player, an FA official and a lawyer — who will meet via video link to decide how many games Suaréz will miss.
So we are asking you, how long should Suaréz be banned for? Vote below.
- Sunday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Manchester City ready to spend, Spurs agree for Alderweireld 0
- Sepp Blatter claims French and German presidents influenced World Cup voters 1
- United States, Japan meet in Women’s World Cup final with high hopes back home 2
- Krieger credits Ellis, communication for United States’ defensive success 2
- Chile 0-0 (4-1 PKs) Argentina: Chile’s first Copa America title in 99-year history (video) 2
- Lloyd, Brian prove crucial to United States’ turnaround at Women’s World Cup 2