Apr 24, 2013, 7:00 AM EST
Luis Suaréz’s FA hearing is set for today as the Uruguayan striker will find out how long the FA will ban him for, after he bit Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic in Sunday’s 2-2 draw.
Liverpool’s leading scorer accepted a violent conduct charge from the FA yesterday but denied that he should be banned more than three games. So the English FA have been forced into a further hearing later today that will decide the length of Suaréz’s ban.
The verdict will be made by an Independent Regulatory Commission — a three-person board that consists of a former player, an FA official and a lawyer — who will meet via video link to decide how many games Suaréz will miss.
So we are asking you, how long should Suaréz be banned for? Vote below.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Marquee win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1