Apr 24, 2013, 7:00 AM EDT
Luis Suaréz’s FA hearing is set for today as the Uruguayan striker will find out how long the FA will ban him for, after he bit Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic in Sunday’s 2-2 draw.
Liverpool’s leading scorer accepted a violent conduct charge from the FA yesterday but denied that he should be banned more than three games. So the English FA have been forced into a further hearing later today that will decide the length of Suaréz’s ban.
The verdict will be made by an Independent Regulatory Commission — a three-person board that consists of a former player, an FA official and a lawyer — who will meet via video link to decide how many games Suaréz will miss.
So we are asking you, how long should Suaréz be banned for? Vote below.
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 1
- Report: Tottenham set to raid Manchester United, line up Fellaini, Hernandez deals 3
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1
- PST Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Fabián Castillo 0
- Liverpool, Barca target could become youngest capped in Norway history 2