Apr 24, 2013, 7:00 AM EST
Luis Suaréz’s FA hearing is set for today as the Uruguayan striker will find out how long the FA will ban him for, after he bit Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic in Sunday’s 2-2 draw.
Liverpool’s leading scorer accepted a violent conduct charge from the FA yesterday but denied that he should be banned more than three games. So the English FA have been forced into a further hearing later today that will decide the length of Suaréz’s ban.
The verdict will be made by an Independent Regulatory Commission — a three-person board that consists of a former player, an FA official and a lawyer — who will meet via video link to decide how many games Suaréz will miss.
So we are asking you, how long should Suaréz be banned for? Vote below.
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 3
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3
- Ludogorets 2-2 Liverpool: Late equalizer spells more misery for Reds, but there’s hope 1
- Men in Blazers podcast: Kyle Martino joins to talk Thanksgiving and tie knots 0
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 1
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 1