Apr 24, 2013, 7:00 AM EDT
Luis Suaréz’s FA hearing is set for today as the Uruguayan striker will find out how long the FA will ban him for, after he bit Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic in Sunday’s 2-2 draw.
Liverpool’s leading scorer accepted a violent conduct charge from the FA yesterday but denied that he should be banned more than three games. So the English FA have been forced into a further hearing later today that will decide the length of Suaréz’s ban.
The verdict will be made by an Independent Regulatory Commission — a three-person board that consists of a former player, an FA official and a lawyer — who will meet via video link to decide how many games Suaréz will miss.
So we are asking you, how long should Suaréz be banned for? Vote below.
- In a career full of blunders, firing Carlo Ancelotti is Florentino Perez’s worst mistake yet 4
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: The managers 0
- Florentino Perez announces firing of Carlo Ancelotti by Real Madrid 0
- Middlesbrough 0-2 Norwich City: Comfortable Canaries back in Premier League 0
- Ten biggest storylines of the Premier League season that was 0
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0