Apr 27, 2013, 8:22 PM EST
We know Marco Di Vaio feels good at home. In fact, if the veteran Italian striker could find goal on the road the way he does around Stade Saputo, he’d be a Golden Boot favorite.
Di Vaio scored his fourth goal this year, all at home, as Montreal prevailed over Chicago, 2-0. The Impact’s DP striker has scored once in each of the Impact’s home contests in 2013.
It was an important win for the Impact, arresting a mini-slide and providing some relief during a busy spell. Manager Marco Schallibaum had to adjust his roster a bit, accounting for a slate of six matches over 18 days, as his team won for the first time since beating visiting New York on March 23.
Today’s contest was the third match of the set. It turned on Jeff Larentowicz’s red card for Chicago, leaving the visitors to play a man down for the final half hour. The Impact was already down at the time.
Di Vaio’s goal provided an extra cushion.
Di Vaio scored in the team’s home opener, a 2-1 win over Toronto. had the lone goal in Montreal’s last contest at Stade Saputo, a 1-1 draw with Columbus. And he scored the game’s only goal in that 1-0 win over New York at Olympic Stadium.
.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- The Benny Feilhaber Conundrum: Has Peter Vermes finally solved the puzzle? 0
- Real Salt Lake’s 2013: The not-so-rebuilding year that could end in an MLS title 1
- Premier League Roundup: Moyes defeated in Everton reunion; top five snag wins 0
- David Moyes bemoans bad luck as former side Everton come back to haunt him 1
- West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Manchester City: Citizens address road worries with convincing performance at The Hawthorns 0
- Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea: Blues grab crucial away win as Hazard dazzles (video) 0
- Arsenal 2-0 Hull City: Bendtner and Ozil keep Gunners top (video) 0
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw 20
- Sit down with Orlando City SC: Taking on Beckham, emulating the Timbers and Kaka in 2015 – Part I (21)
- What US Soccer wants from the World Cup draw (20)
- USA drop one spot to 14th in latest FIFA World Rankings, Portugal surge to fifth (19)
- Video of Jermaine Jones’ terrific goal Saturday for Schalke (18)
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Draw: The sum of all fears scenario for the United States (14)