Apr 28, 2013, 7:55 PM EST
We may see another home run like the one the Houston Dynamo are enjoying – but then again we might not. These guys are just unbeatable at home.
For now anyway. And that’s not just hyperbole
A second half goal from Englishman Giles Barnes was the equalizer in the Dynamo’s 1-1 draw with Colorado in the South Texas sunshine.
The sun just keeps shining on Dominin Kinnear’s team at home, where the Orange have extended their MLS record home unbeaten streak to 36 in all competitions. Houston now owns sole possession of the MLS regular season record for home consecutive matches without a loss; that streak has grown to 30.
Bad news for the Dynamo on this one (well, other than failing to pick up all the points against Oscar Pareja’s team) is that Brad Davis was ejected in stoppage time. He’ll miss the Dynamo’s Week 10 visit to L.A. to face the Dynamo. That, of course, is a repeat of last year’s MLS Cup final.
Wait a minute! It’s a repeat of both of theo last two MLS Cup finals, same teams, same place, same everything. And Brad Davis wasn’t available two years ago. So, this is getting kind of weird.
Anyway, pending the full highlights pack from Sunday’s contest at BBVA Compass Stadium, here is Barnes’ cracker of a second-half equalizer :
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3