Apr 28, 2013, 7:55 PM EST
We may see another home run like the one the Houston Dynamo are enjoying – but then again we might not. These guys are just unbeatable at home.
For now anyway. And that’s not just hyperbole
A second half goal from Englishman Giles Barnes was the equalizer in the Dynamo’s 1-1 draw with Colorado in the South Texas sunshine.
The sun just keeps shining on Dominin Kinnear’s team at home, where the Orange have extended their MLS record home unbeaten streak to 36 in all competitions. Houston now owns sole possession of the MLS regular season record for home consecutive matches without a loss; that streak has grown to 30.
Bad news for the Dynamo on this one (well, other than failing to pick up all the points against Oscar Pareja’s team) is that Brad Davis was ejected in stoppage time. He’ll miss the Dynamo’s Week 10 visit to L.A. to face the Dynamo. That, of course, is a repeat of last year’s MLS Cup final.
Wait a minute! It’s a repeat of both of theo last two MLS Cup finals, same teams, same place, same everything. And Brad Davis wasn’t available two years ago. So, this is getting kind of weird.
Anyway, pending the full highlights pack from Sunday’s contest at BBVA Compass Stadium, here is Barnes’ cracker of a second-half equalizer :
- Now that it’s happening, MLS’s 20th season is sure to be the best one yet 2
- 2015 MLS season preview: LA Galaxy 1
- 2015 MLS season preview: Portland Timbers 0
- PST predicts Major League Soccer’s 2015 standings; Do you agree? 9
- Premier League Playback: With 10 games to go, here’s how things stand 3
- Men In Blazers podcast: Ginormous preview of 2015 MLS season with Alexi Lalas 0