Apr 28, 2013, 7:55 PM EDT
We may see another home run like the one the Houston Dynamo are enjoying – but then again we might not. These guys are just unbeatable at home.
For now anyway. And that’s not just hyperbole
A second half goal from Englishman Giles Barnes was the equalizer in the Dynamo’s 1-1 draw with Colorado in the South Texas sunshine.
The sun just keeps shining on Dominin Kinnear’s team at home, where the Orange have extended their MLS record home unbeaten streak to 36 in all competitions. Houston now owns sole possession of the MLS regular season record for home consecutive matches without a loss; that streak has grown to 30.
Bad news for the Dynamo on this one (well, other than failing to pick up all the points against Oscar Pareja’s team) is that Brad Davis was ejected in stoppage time. He’ll miss the Dynamo’s Week 10 visit to L.A. to face the Dynamo. That, of course, is a repeat of last year’s MLS Cup final.
Wait a minute! It’s a repeat of both of theo last two MLS Cup finals, same teams, same place, same everything. And Brad Davis wasn’t available two years ago. So, this is getting kind of weird.
Anyway, pending the full highlights pack from Sunday’s contest at BBVA Compass Stadium, here is Barnes’ cracker of a second-half equalizer :
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund roll 0
- Three things we learned as Real Madrid rout Liverpool 0
- Arsenal’s Podolski, Gibbs break Belgian hearts in left-for-late win 0